The Watchtower stole from me and you too

by rickroll 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    "JWs were waiting for a worldwide genocide of billions of people to occur in order to have their ‘paradise’..So, this person has no pity and feels these older JWs deserve a wasted life."

From an outsiders viewpoint you see their point. But when you have been brought up in it , it was not like that at all. Truth is we were all victims, yes victims of other victims. We certainly did not wish death on others although were content to "leave it to Jehovah " We really did believe the message as a fact ..... it was more real than the things in everyday life.

If one is blest with talents then I can understand them looking back with regrets and those who have lost family have my deepest sympathy. For me I am just an average guy who could have had a lot more fun in my youth, could have earned more if I had saught a career, could have travelled more. But overall life has not been bad.

I am not going to waste the time I have left by unbalance recriminations. .. NB I'll still take a few swipes at the WTS where I can though

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLUESBROTHER:

Yes, I understand what you mean about how “we certainly didn’t wish death on others...” Well, perhaps you didn’t...

There were some pretty hardline JWs who really DID feel this way, even talking about whose mansion they were going to inhabit.. I heard cruel remarks and was shunned by certain JWs over my full time job which I kept until Retirement 😊..Well, I was a marginal Witness..but have no regrets about that now.

The ONLY thing these particular hardline JWs deserve (as far as I am concerned) is to know what it’s like being in the workforce busting your ass working for a living!. I’d never help them - but I do wish them Good luck which is a more generous sentiment than I would have gotten from them.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Nothing like spending a week in the sweltering hot July sun at Veterans Stadium

WingC ...

You are bringing back some horrid memories of the heat in that hell-hole called Veterans Stadium. Even if you were at the top in the 700 section (yellow seats) it was still hell in July/August. A stadium that was just one big circle and the field was about 30 feet below the street level. No air to circulate at all and that old Astroturf just held the heat, nothing like regular grass.

I remember a baseball game there where it was so hot, the players were taking their shoes off and soaking them between innings because their feet were so hot running on the field.

A nightmare so sit through an ass embly.

Rub a Dub

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Not sure that I acually had my childhood stolen away from me, although I was around 8 years old when my parents were converted. I did, however, became quite upset in the changes that took place in my parents attitude towards me, particularly those of my father. He'd always been quite a kindly sort of chap. A great pub man, a social animal, he adored my mother and was always making and constructing models of ships and planes. He would even cut up tin cans and solder them together to make clockwork cranes and boats.

My biggest problem occurred with the expectations he had for me. He'd quickly grabbed the witness teachings himself and couldn't understand why I wasn't busily devouring every Watchtower. He'd withold my pocket money if I forgot to read the day's text. He became almost patriarchal in his attitude. Eventually, during one particular counselling session I yelled at him that life had become really rotten since we came into the truth. He was astounded. He just stood up and walked away.

Of course I was at an age when everything that a person's parents do has to be the right thing, so I just assumed that my dislike for meetings and door-to-door work was down to my rebellious spirit.

It was many years later that it finally dawned on me that this religion wasn't actually The Truth at all. So I left. I resolved never to assume a victim mantle, but chose to believe that life is pretty much what you make it. And it is.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

One of my biggest regrets is that I brought my two boys up in that religion and subjected them to all of that BS.

Thankfully they got out round about their late twenties mid thirties .

But what could they have achieved if I had never converted before they were born.?

The only one still in in this extended family is a niece.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

They stole 50 years of my life.

Its like I was in a coma and just woke up.

I am so behind in life in so many ways I can't count.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

RubaDub - I spent many a DC at the "Wok". (vet stadium)

As a new pioneer I was interviewed and the astroturf was so hot it was burning my feet through my shoes.

Man I hated that place.

The think I am SOOO Thankful for - is I woke up just in time so my kids lives were not ruined.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

Not only did they steal something from us but the WT Corporation left many of us mentally, emotionally, and spiritually f&cked for life or a large portion of whats left of it. Some calling card eh?

As stated by another I feel the same that I am SO THANKFUL that all our children, their children, their children's children, will not have to shun or be shunned. And by the time my great grand-children are on earth, the WT will be gone.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes the WTS has stolen lives, killed many, as well broken apart many families.

Thats part of why I'm here, to warn people about this terrible lying and dangerous cult.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

Sour Grapes,

What did the Elders say to you when the great tribulation did not happen? When the great tribulation did not happen, what did you think? I am curious to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit