The Watchtower stole from me and you too

by rickroll 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

In 1970 I was going to go to school in the medical field until the elders talked me out if it because in 1975 the great tribulation would happen and we wont need doctors and hospitals. 50 years later still no great tribulation. The Watchtower Society needs to be taken d down.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I relate to the child in the video that wanted to play violin in a special class. I've wanted to be an artist since I was five, but the WT frowns on anyone doing "hobbies". I still do art and plan to get back into it but - The child when he is 60 and sees all those other children touring the world and has had a career in music and finds his fingers don't have the agility anymore . . . how sad is that?

Stolen creativity and enjoyment of life to support a money grubbing religion.

To me, that is evil.

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

@stan,

Oh stan that’s so sad. I hope they one day get released and can meet you.

Darn! The ones that don’t have a grandpa...want one.... and the ones that do.... don’t know how lucky they really are. 😔

••••••••••••••••••

I was lucky to not stay in there for long even if my family is still there. All siblings and nieces and nephews.

Every time my children do something amazing I’m reminded that they are free to do whatever they want and to see life in a different way that I did when I was their age, I’m happy and satisfied that they escaped all the bullying that I went through.

in other hand I know that my nephews are pretty happy going to meetings and social events and conventions etc. I have a nephew that has the most kind heart and naive soul ever.

I’m glad I know the truth isn’t the truth and that I have options in life.

To those that spent many years inside.... I can only wish that you are making the most of it now.

Life is really sooo short, the only way to win is to live and stick two fingers up to the GB, the WT and the rest of it.

Long live us!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I understand everybody’s point. Our time was wasted and time has passed.

But...I read a comment on Reddit from somebody who has NO pity on old JWs who are left destitute, wasted life, etc. and who never saw the ‘paradise’ they hoped for.

This person feels this way because these JWs were waiting for a worldwide genocide of billions of people to occur in order to have their ‘paradise’..So, this person has no pity and feels these older JWs deserve a wasted life.

It really does give you something to think about.

• stillin
    stillin

LHG, there are a lot of ways to waste a life. I think that a person's attitude has a lot to do with it. Looking at it philosophically, we actually did learn a lot about the Bible, for one thing. Sure , some of it was skewed to fit the church dogma, but, speaking for myself, it wasn't a TOTAL waste of my life. I now recognize some of the earmarks of a con in action. I have a sense for when I'm dealing with a petty bureaucrat. We have all learned from the experience somehow.

But, yeah, there are better ways to learn the same lessons.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Woe is me. Woe is me.

I coulda been a contender. I coulda been a somebody.

It doesn't occurr to you that everyone bought into it?

Those who bought into it in the 30's convinced those in the 40's to buy into it.

They convinced those in the 50's to buy into it ... and so on until you or your parents bought into it.

And here you are whimpering that " I bought into it and wasted my life."

What great thing would you have done to help mankind other than taking holidays and sleeping in on Saturday?

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

I have a clear conscience! I never encouraged anyone to join this fecal dump and shovel

the shit they encourage you to strew on everyone’s doorstep. Nary a single bible study in my 7 baptized years as a shit shoveler! Not one person brought to their shittinghall!

At least got some eyeballing done on some good looking sisters while wasting time listening to how to spew total rot on unsuspecting humans.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILLIN:

I agree there are a lot of ways to waste a life and there may have been a few good things from the JW experience..I met many people I liked in the Witness religion. I also stopped smoking so that’s a plus.

I ‘faded’ about nineteen years ago and am retired now. Glad I kept MY job.

I posted my comment because I saw it on Reddit and it really made me think about what JWs are actually wishing for (maybe not consciously) when they are hoping for their ‘paradise’ to come!..Some people despise them for this callous selfish mentality.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

So sorry to hear about people who've lost family, especially children. Hopefully karma will put it right eventually.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Yes what could have been if I just.....

All those forks in the road of life.

The great "what if"

Of course people are upset about all the things that have been stolen from them because of their association with this contaminated thought system.

For me dwelling about those 50 years and what my life could have been doesn't serve me.

By living my life now as one of their victims they would still have power over me. I have to bless all my experiences in life and think only about the present.

Not wasting my time with "what could have been" I'm only concerned with what can be.

Other wise I'm just drinking poison hoping they will die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit