2nd Update/Scary Experience

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Hi all

As I have mentioned before English is not my first language. The word must be charged. Sorry , I do not want to remember this nigtmare ,want to forget it as fast as I can .

Believe what you want John Prestor, I am not on trial here.

Peace.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I don't know what you mean by that and I will believe what I want. Ain't no trial buddy, just a forum.

• LV101
    LV101

Zin - understood and you certainly don't need more stress. No worries, and as you know after WT experience, many don't believe anything without facts/evidence - it is what it is.

Keep care and appreciate the update.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Zin

most of us realised you meant charged and English isn’t your first language. Take no notice of some people at least you can speak other languages which is more than I can say for myself!

im so glad they caught the person. You’ve had a frightening experience and hopefully, no more midnight walks??

it will take time to get over it and I wish you well.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thank you Phoebe, LV101 for being so understanding and kind words.

Haven't been out after dark since then, and during the day always with someone. Hopefully time will make it better.

Peace

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Is there a link to a news article on this?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Zin....... 40 years ago, one night I was having a drink with my brother-in-law and we heard a commotion outside our townhouse. We went out to investigate and I was accosted by a knife wielding young man who was shouting at me asking if I was the person who threw a rock through his car windshield. My brother-in-law, who is a pretty big guy, got between me and the guy and told him we had just stepped out of our apartment.

The kid was fired up and then someone called to him and said they had found the guy who threw the rock. He raced around the corner and we heard screams and we raced after him............. my neighbor was withering on the ground. The kid and his buddies walked away. My wife ran out of the back door and knowing the neighbor got down and held him in her arms.......he had been stabbed five times. The last thing he said was that he was cold and then he died.

The police and ambulance arrived, took our neighbor away and the kid and a couple of friends were arrested. We spent the rest of the night picking this murderer out of a lineup and giving statements.

I won't go into why this crime was committed. The point I am getting to is that experiencing that changed a lot of things for me and my wife. We lost our innocence.

Life can be over in a moment.....an attack can be totally unexpected, innocent people can be killed....your not really as safe as you think you are. Be prepared.

That murder stayed with us for a long long time. The night was never the same again for me. To this day I can't go to sleep until I check that the house is secure even though we have never had a problem with anyone............ I can't close my eyes until I know my home is safe. To this day I put the washed knives away in a draw and we never have one of those wooden block knife holders on our kitchen counter. Why arm someone who breaks in?

When we are out in public especially in the evening I try to be aware of the people passing us on the sidewalk, who's hanging out on a street corner etc.

So yes I know what your experiencing. The immediate reaction to your situation will soften but your awareness to your surrounding is going to increase ten fold.....one of nature's gifts.

My Best to you.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thank you so much Giordano for reaching out and sharing this with me. This I would say helps me to prepare what I may feel and act like coz of this experience . As you say nothing is really the same anymore . We all have changed in some way.

I have had quite a few creepy, risky experiences in my life but none this dangerous where people had knives on them and probably looking for trouble.

Appreciate you taking time to share this.

Peace.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Giordano I am so glad that you all came out of it alive and wiser. I hope we can too. This world is full of scary people who do crazy things..I know we do do some stupid things which puts us in dodgy , risky places or circumstances But there are a few good people who make life so refreshing and worth living..My friends and I have had some really nice experiences too which keeps our belief in a few good humans alive.

Let me share you what happened once: This will make you laugh.once we were out walking , four o fus. It was a wooded area quiet nice and many were cycling there, very few walking. After walking through a tunnel like place (30 yars or so ,we came upon a clearing. As we appeared ,there was clapping and an airhorn heard. We saw a group of man , women sitting, some standing with smiles on their faces.then A guy and lady came up to us and said you are the 100th group(counting heads) who has come through there since this morning.

We were a little confused no doubt many must come here specially through that tunnel like place.its a wooded walking park! But no we were told not many go through the tunnel like place, most people go the other way, its easier for cyclists and that very few walk here. They had a bet of $50 if a 100 make it through there.

We were all given a bottle of red wine as a gift for being the 100th. Made some wonderful friends there and still go out with them on hikes etc.

Life teaches us lessons all the while.

Peace.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Nice story! There are times we have to be laid back and enjoy........... other times watchful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit