How Many Here Used To Sneak Looking At "apostate" Material?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

When I started researching, actually hoping to prove the JW's correct, after all I have spent most of my life doing this, I would not go to apostate websites. One day I found the eye opening answer to my question that was not on an apostate website. I realized I had been lied to and then I knew I needed to see what the other side was saying. I would get in my bed at night with my ipad in the dark and read apostate websites! It would be terrible if someone saw me!

• jws
    jws

I remember being a kid at a district convention and apostates leaving Watchtower-looking brochures on the cars. Which people were gathering up. Which sparked an interest in me. I was dying to hear what they had to say. Surely we had the truth. All we'd have to do is analyze their argument and prove it wrong. So we should be able to see it. It couldn't hurt us.

But they gathered them all up and I didn't get to see one. Plus, I loved any sort of parody imitation. Heck, I grew up on Mad magazine.

So by them not letting me see it, it became an obsession. And as soon as I found a way (this was before the internet), I ordered and read Ray Franz' book. There was no rebuttal. We (JWs) were wrong. I left.

• dissed
    dissed

If 'old Watchtowers' count as apostate materials then yes, yes, I did look at apostate stuff. Otherwise, no. I was too afraid I would lose Jehovah's spirit and protection for even glancing at some of that evil propaganda.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I can't recall sneaking to read any apostate material while I was in, as I was already an adult when I left the Org. However, as a teen, I remember curiously reading the apostate signs outside of the district conventions that said " read the Bible, not the watchtower" as my Mother scolded me to look away. I thought to myself " they have a point".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit