EVERY Religion has Hypocrites- even the TRUE One!

by MuchCloserLook 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

"How can you stay loyal to false prophets ? How many times has the GB predicted Armageddon ? the most notable being in 1975 , the Autumn of to be precise . They let people sell houses , cars , and insurance policies to give the money to fund extra preaching . Then when it didn't happen no one was refunded . l am not a Catholic but l will say that the Catholic Church never pulled a stunt like that ."

Making Dumb Guesses about God's Cryptic Prophecies makes them foolish and indiscreet- not False Prophets who claim God gave them the message.

The Catholic Church would rape, torture, then kill you- taking you belongings, if you taught contrary to the Church.

You've got PROBLEMS, my friend!

PS- in 1975- I told the bros and sis who believed the 1975 theory (the WTBS NEVER claimed it as FACT) thgey were crazy. The fault was THEIRS.

• cofty
    cofty

What are the biggest reasons that make you convinced about the fundamentals of your faith and is there any potential information that could make you question them?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

@MuchCloserLook Your suggestions in Bold

First, EA, is seeing if God exists in the 1st Place.

Is there a tangible method to find out ?

Then, if you see He does, determining if He ever gave mankind guidance.

This is based upon the the First Question which has no real Evidence or outcome until now

Examining all the 'Holy' books- only ONE stands out as real.

Which one is real. How does it stand out as real among all ?

Finally, praying to God for understanding , then reading it starts the process!

Which God ? Is there a proof that your prayers are answered or atleast heard ?

Everything then falls into place!

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook
    What are the biggest reasons that make you convinced about the fundamentals of your faith and is there any potential information that could make you question them?

First, I LOVED my Catholic Cult- and despised JWs, but my best friend, who happened to be one simply asked questions that got me thinking. That let to hot debates about my Catholic Beliefs which quickly crumbled upon close examination.

Thus, I concluded the Bible was Crap.

He gave me a WTBS Book, which got me thinking about THAT- but I didn't trust it- so spent months in the Library studying the background of the Bible- and slowly, it started ADDING UP!

• cofty
    cofty
    so spent months in the Library studying the background of the Bible

During these months did you notice the appalling morality and ethics of people who are held up as examples of faith?

How do you feel about the infanticide prescribed by Yahweh? The kidnap and rape? How about the advocacy of slavery? Do you think it is ever okay for one human to own another as chattel?

• TD
    TD

Koine Greek had no version of God's Name- until later.

Just a minor clarification that hopefully does not detract from your point.

Foreign names are adopted into new languages via simple phonetic transliteration.

In other words, Greek speakers would have simply repeated what they heard Hebrew speakers saying in a manner not unlike an English speaker saying "Vladimir Putin" when he hears "Владимир Путин" or "Xi Jinping" when he hears "习近平"

So it's really not a question of whether Ancient Greek had a version of the name. It's a question of whether Greek speakers ever heard it spoken

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

"How do you feel about the infanticide prescribed by Yahweh?"

The One who GAVE life has the Absolute Right to TAKE it.

Why not give us all an example of a culture that was applied to in those primitive times- where, if the children were spared, they'd often turn on their conquerors? And there likely was MANY more reasons for it.

And what part of humanity are you implying are not guilty of this? Governments, Religions, Business, even Science????????

• Simon
    Simon
    First, I LOVED my Catholic Cult- and despised JWs, but my best friend, who happened to be one simply asked questions that got me thinking. That let to hot debates about my Catholic Beliefs which quickly crumbled upon close examination.

One of the things that's always surprising about victims of scammers is that they are usually repeat-victims. You'd imagine that "once bitten, twice shy" and people would learn to spot things, but they don't. That's why scammers try to find people who have already been scammed as they are the easiest targets.

Sorry, did I say scammers and not religions? Oops.

But anyway, that's why religious people often flip-flop between different faiths, churches and denominations. They are easily scammed, I mean, quick to "believe".

• Simon
    Simon
    And what part of humanity are you implying are not guilty of this? Governments, Religions, Business, even Science????????

So you expect no better of your god? Almost as though he's an invention of man, reflecting all of mankinds qualities.

Did god make man or did man make many gods ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-63cTYJDCA

• sir82
    sir82
    And what part of humanity are you implying are not guilty of this? Governments, Religions, Business, even Science?

So...if I understand correctly, your argument is:

Sure, God is a murderous and sadistic tyrant, but everyone else is too, so it's OK.

Do I understand that correctly?

The One who GAVE life has the Absolute Right to TAKE it.

So, again, correct me if I misunderstand....

It's OK for parents to murder their own children?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit