Who gets the money?

by Been there 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

But as far as the Watchtower's money... I think it just goes into the Watchtower. The organization practically has a life of its own. It's like a machine, whose main goal is to sustain itself. (Bring on the Matrix metaphors...)

##########

i have to agree no one gets the "money" as it were, years ago rutherford played with the money, but the way in which all the corps are setup it is nearly impossible for someone to move money around and it is intentionally structured that way

it takes committees to move funds many times , and due to so many guys are literally dyed in the wool society men, but the time you reach the level in the org where you will be allowed to touch funds you have sold your soul to the organization so may times over it ain't funny

the power is more important to these men, case in point, we see LOCAL jw men give up jobs, promotions, etc just to be on a district convention

if a bro was asked to give a talk at the district convention, in the last 50yrs do you know what the percentage of men would have risked their jobs if they were told they could not get that weekend off

so if local elders will risk their jobs for a 20min part due to loyalty to the org, what do you think a guy at bethel who is cared for and taken care of-

keep in mind we are talking about a person who came to bethel at 19 and is 60yrs olds, or a CO who went on the road when he was 30 and now called to bethel, put in a position of being a heavy at bethel and has 30 yrs of "Special Full time service" as it is often called

this guy has wt running thru his veins-

i think about folks like JR Brown, if he announced today that this ain't the truth, he like so many other heavies would be broke, look at ray franz and dunlap, after decades they had nothing to show for it

so for those of you who think that someone is moving $$Millions to some swiss account, in my view i hate to disappoint you

i used to be the circciut accounts overseer and worked in the accounting dept at the district and the level of cks and balances the wt has in place just at that level is unreal, i can only imagaine what it must be like at bethel accounting dept

just my 2

• TopHat
    TopHat

Is there a "special account" open just for first class travel expense for the GB Power Elite? Anyone know? How are checks written for these expenses?

JT,

The fact that the Watchtower has good controls in place for dealing with the contributions means nothing with respect to the issue of whether anyone is siphoning money from this corporate cult scam. The Watchtower brass clearly want to make sure that no one at the lower levels of this scam are stealing Watchtower money from the contributions boxes or the "audits" at the circuit and district assemblies where cash contributions are counted. But that would do nothing to stop a powerful individual within the organization from seeing to it that a vendor of his choosing was paid monies without questions. I firmly believe that someone, somewhere, is profitting immensely from the Watchtower and its fleecing and exploitation of the "Great Crowd" of pigeons whose minds it has enslaved. As a person with significant corporate accounting and finance experience, I know many other ways in which money could be siphoned from this cult. Good controls at the point of collection are really irrelevant to this issue.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I believe that there is probably some dummy entity that bills the Watchtower and gets paid, either more than what they are actually entitled to, or for goods/services never actually received by the Watchtower. The principals of this entity are most likely the heirs of whomever took over the financial reins of this cult following Russell.

I am sure this is the case. If we could follow the money....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have no reason to think that the GB are skimming off profits for themselves or living in the lap of luxurious leisure and ease. I am sure that the ex Bethelites on here would have said so if it were the case.

I recall Ray Franz writing in "Crisis of Conscience" that as a GB member he enjoyed certain privileges. There was always somebody only too pleased to take him to the Airport or wherever else they wanted to go. If he fancied a trip for vacation he only had to contact the local elders and suggest that he give a talk locally . They would fall over themselves to arrange it and put him up free of charge.

My point is that, although there was little money on paper, there were a hell of a lot of perks that made life comfortable as you lived all found at Bethel

• Gerard
  • Balaamsass
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Thanks Gerard interesting info. I'm sure there is more research to find this than just Googling. Thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit