latest WT, advice for Bible Studies

by neat blue dog 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Our goal is to help our Bible student to grow spiritually.
    . . .
    As his love for Jehovah grows, however, he will likely begin to think about how he can help others, including those who are already part of the congregation. (Matt. 22:37-39) When the time is right, do not hold back from mentioning the privilege of supporting the Kingdom work financially.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes..."the privilege." They have NO shame.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

But followers of Jesus Christ are supposed to be focused on and following him as his name Jesus " is above every other name ,so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground ." Phil.2:9,10

Doesn`t that signify worship of Jesus ?

• HoodwinkedToo
    HoodwinkedToo

Simplified WT:

Our goal is to help our Bible student to grow spiritually.
    . . .

and send the money!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They never ever encourage real charity. Things like helping elderly, down on luck, ill. The closest they come is coercing people to spend money they may not have to feed the speaker

• Half banana
    Half banana

Road to nowhere, you are right. They never give a thing except false information, all they do is take their member's money and call it a privilege for them to do so.

That this is now built into the teaching method for new converts it must be the last straw for many.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

JWs used to take great pride over never doing things like that, and it certainly never happened in my day. Now they have no shame. None at all.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

When the time is right, do not hold back from mentioning the privilege of supporting the Kingdom work financially.

Ah yes, the constant subtle (and not so subtle) begging for money, just like the churches they claim to be better than. Of course it is because they have fallen away from the true teachings of Jesus Christ who reportedly said, ". . .You received free, give free." (Matthew 10:8)

As I have commented before, after ethically sending in a large nearly seven figure bequest from my father's estate the greedy money grubbing leeches sent a letter asking if that was all, or if I was going to send them more. And to date ten months later still not one damned word of thanks for what they did get!

• tiki
    tiki

Seriously fedup?!? Outrageous.....too bad there likely is no way to rescind the donation....by law they have to ackowledge the receipt of the funds as a charitable(gag) organization.

• blondie
    blondie

I freaked when I read this:

When the time is right, do not hold back from mentioning the privilege of supporting the Kingdom work financially.

I wonder how much that jw donated himself.

It's a long way from the days when the WTS said that if they had to ask for money, it meant that their god was no longer blessing them.

Or the comments by the WTS about other religions that had weekly collection baskets sent around during their meetings, or tithing showed that money was important to these religions than the people's spirituality. That contributions should be voluntary and confidential. Yet more and more the WT is laying out a guilt trip for jws if they don't donate. But as long as it remains relatively confidential, the WTS will not succeed. As one elder once said from the platform, it was easier for an individual jw to break one of the ten commandments than to break a twenty (speaking about tipping at restaurants during the convention).

He hard this part from the KM in 1980:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/201981166#h=9:0-9:1296

The insert in the May 1980 issue of Our Kingdom Service provided good direction on the matter of tipping. It is not against Christian principles to express appreciation in this way for personal services rendered by others. (Luke 10:7) Although this is a personal matter, to neglect doing so where it is expected may cast unfavorable reflections upon Jehovah’s people. To illustrate: The manager of a motel who cooperated with the convention personnel and arranged for many of our brothers and sisters to stay in his facility expressed concern over a problem that developed. The waitresses in his employ had told him that they did not want to wait on Jehovah’s Witnesses as they left no tips. On one occasion, a party of Jehovah’s Witnesses arrived just before the restaurant was to close. Arrangements were made for this group to sit together and be served, despite the fact that the workers had to stay after closing time to do so. It was reported that the only tip left was a copy of a pocket-size book that was released earlier that week at the convention. While so-called fast-food eating establishments do not provide waiter service and no tipping is involved, in restaurants where such service is provided it is left to the brothers to consider leaving a tip where this is the local custom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit