latest WT, advice for Bible Studies

by neat blue dog 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Well you sure aint getting any more pocket sized books. Maybe a business card. Same has been noted of baptists and others, all white trash religions

• Listener
    Listener

Blondie - I wonder how much that jw donated himself.

A clever ploy by the Governing Body, by getting the JWs to ask their bible studies to donate, it will probably guilt them into donating more themselves.

We've seen JW children being told to donate, giving up their ice cream money and raiding their piggy banks. Now they're aiming at Bible studies.

I wonder how long it will be before we see this scenario acted on video.

• zeb
    zeb

"the workers had to stay after closing time to do so. It was reported that the only tip left was a copy of a pocket-size book that was released earlier that week at the convention."

What a splendid witness that was of being a bunch of miserly self righteous jerks.

Those restaurant workers Im sure had buses/trains to catch and families to go to.

• Butterfly607
    Butterfly607

Ever since they came up with that brochure about how to give your life savings over to the society, it’s been blatantly obvious they want ALL the cash 😂😂😂

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    do not hold back from mentioning the privilege of supporting the Kingdom work financially.

Money! They are really showing brazen conduct with their money grabs.
    Perhaps the coffers are running out of protection money for their beloved paedophiles.
  • Ding
    Ding

Reasoning book, p. 201: "No collections are ever taken at their meetings; they do not beg for money from the public."

Oh, right. They don't beg.

They just "mention the privilege of supporting the Kingdom work financially."

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Outrageous.....too bad there likely is no way to rescind the donation....by law they have to ackowledge the receipt of the funds as a charitable(gag) organization.

What makes it even more odious is that they had the nerve to try to demand that I sell the United States Savings Bonds, and the stock certificates and send them the cash rather than signing the documents over to them directly! THAT idiotic request I turned down flat. If I had done that I would not only have had to give them the proceeds of my father's investments I would have had to pay over twenty years of U.S. Internal Revenue Services capital gains taxes myself as I would have been the initial recipient. No way to deduct them as per my tax advisor, and no way to credit the bequest as a "donation" as it was a bequest in a will. I am still seething over that B.S.!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They just "mention the privilege of supporting the Kingdom work financially."

Over and over and over and over again and again and again.

However C.T.Russell the founder of the Jehovah`s Witnesses religion ,known then as The International Bible Student`s Association said that he would never beg for money and if the well dries up that means God has said it`s enough .

{Or words to that effect }

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Quite frankly, I don't have any issues with the watchtower asking for monney. How else is an organization supposed to survive without an income stream?

The problem is not about asking for monney, its about HOW THEY SPEND the monney.

• They are far from being transparent financially
    • child abuse pay offs and fines,
    • they don't support aging bethelites properly
    • create large bethels that are not really needed
    • sell kindgom halls for profit
    • don't participate enough in charity
    • spend large sums of monney on propagenda
    • etc.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WT Book Ch 18 "Gods Kingdom Rules " 2014

"7 Brother Russell and his associates refused to imitate the money-raising schemes so common in the churches of Christendom. In the second issue of the Watch Tower, under the heading “Do You Want ‘Zion’s Watch Tower’?” Russell stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” (Hag. 2:7-9) Over 130 years later, The Watchtower and the organization that publishes it are still going strong!

8 Jehovah’s people do not beg for money. They do not pass collection plates or send out letters of solicitation. Neither do they use bingo, bazaars, or raffles to raise money. They hold to what the Watch Tower long ago said: “We have never considered it proper to solicit money for the Lord’s cause, after the common custom . . . It is our judgment that money raised by the various begging devices in the name of our Lord is offensive, unacceptable to him, and does not bring his blessing either upon the givers or the work accomplished.”*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit