Apostasy: The Movie - Directed by Daniel Kokotajlo

by darkspilver 75 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would have watched it at the GFT had it not been for the snow. I wonder if it was rescheduled.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh it wasn't at the GFT it was at Cineworld. And it was cancelled on the 1st of March. Mmm not much chance of them rescheduling it then I suppose.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Any updates on the film 'Apostasy'?

• blownaway
    blownaway

Its available on Amazon, if you don't live in the USA maybe you can get someone to get it and ship it to you. 14.99 for the DVD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We just bought it officially (happy to support such an awesome endeavour!) through amazon.

It will be shipped to us here in Australia in a month or so.

• zophar
    zophar

This movie is available on Amazon Prime for $3.99 or $4.99 streaming rental.

This movie is SO realistic. Paul Grundy and James Penton are in the credits as part of a list of people thanked for their help in making the movie.

It is very fair. As mentioned elsewhere on this board, if you COULD get a JW to watch it, they would have to admit the fairness and the way elders, publishers etc are portrayed. Certainly not over dramatized or over acted.

• javierjiminy
    javierjiminy

I just finished watching the movie. The portrayal of the jw life is real. I love the way the movie had a sad, gloomy atmosphere. jw life is sad and depressing, and is not the #bestlifeever. However, for me this film is a 6.5/10. I wished there would have been more action, drama, or information that really dealt with apostasy. Overall, I feel this movie is best for those who don't know anything about the borg. Personally, I enjoyed Confessions of A Teenage Jesus Jerk more than this film.

Side note: You can rent it for $0.99 on Vudu if you are a first time customer, which I did.

• Roxie
    Roxie

I saw this movie in the cinema in Dublin. Great work, Daniel!!!! (If you happen to read this forum).

I am deeply moved.

100% truth about the truth.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

In today's Sunday Times. Culture section, page 12.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit