Loyd has made a statement on Facebook

by pistolpete 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Here is a copy of Loyd's facebook latest comment

https://m.facebook.com/lloydevanscedars/posts/346085697519910

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

It seems like the exjw reddit community is beginning to split now that the Loyd video admitting but blaming others for his behavior. Some still defend him but many have said they will stop donating to him. Here is an example post;

Atschmid

You sound rather dim.

He is a hypocrite for going after the governing body, shaming them for buying expensive booze, using JW members' money for his own personal vices, when he himself is doing the same thing ----worse in fact!!!!---- spending money on underage hookers in thailand, having sex outside his marriage, not for the first time, for years! In fact he is the most extreme hypocrite I can think of in my experience.

oldrobotlady

I've commented before on how his personal sex life should be between him and his sex partners/wife.

Now that it's out and reading his facebook post linked above even though I still think it's no one's business I agree the trust is gone. By that I mean trusting exjw strangers with watchtower leaks of documents and leaked videos before they're aired on the borg site.

Not just Lloyd but Kim and Producer Bob. It taints the entire team. That entire website and team ought to just disband . If some rebrand and can still maintain some trust to the people that feed them the leaks that remains to be seen.

All in all it's a huge blow to the exjw activism community. People that would have helped with info/leaks now justifiably will hesitate and maybe not even divulge what they have.

The damage couldn't be more even if watchtower paid them all to tank their activism efforts. Behind all of that damage are millions of trapped jws who may not find help as easily as they could have previously.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/sjn2l1/megathread_lloyd_evans_part_deux/

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Not just Lloyd but Kim and Producer Bob. It taints the entire team. That entire website and team ought to just disband . If some rebrand and can still maintain some trust to the people that feed them the leaks that remains to be seen.

I don't care to spend time on activism anymore, but it seems like the exjw movement is long overdue for organized action instead of individual grandstanding.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Point 3b on his manifesto is amazing...

I want to assure everyone that I did not go to Thailand for its sex industry. My main reasons for choosing it as a place for reflection and self-discovery were its low cost of living (I didn't want to live exorbitantly if my trip ended up lasting many weeks), its amazing food and its natural beauty. If sex tourism had been my incentive I am sure I would have headed straight to Bangkok rather than Phuket and its stunning beaches. Suffice to say, not that its anyone's business but of those I met in Thailand, sex workers or otherwise, nobody was a minor by either Thai or US law and all were in their 20s or older.

So he starts by saying he didn't go to Thailand specifically for the sex industry, but rather for its natural beauty (wink, nudge). Then he adds that any sex workers he might have met were all in their 20s or older. So which is it, Lloyd?

If this guy were ever accused of a crime, he would be wise never to take the stand in his own defense.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

but it seems like the exjw movement is long overdue for organized action instead of individual grandstanding.

That's actually a very good idea.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

if this guy were ever accused of a crime,

Attorneys would see him from a distance. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/42/da/49/42da49f0ed4fefe31b38ffbc1e245323.jpg
  • Simon
    Simon
    Then he adds that any sex workers he might have met were all in their 20s or older

Yeah, who actually believes he bothered to check anyone's ID, that he even had the capability to verify their ages or didn't care because "don't they know who he is?!".

Everyone will always have that bell ringing in the back of their heads now, "why exactly was he going specifically to Thailand".

I think you're closer to the truth if you start with the assumption that every single thing that comes out of his mouth is a lie, designed to excuse himself from accountability and to justify his behavior. This is just more lies IMO.

His "totally convincing" statement reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REpNTi-9oRQ

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The crux of the matter is he was a beacon for those sex abuse survivors in the cult as he highlighted and participated in events like the inquiry into the JW policies of child abuse in the UK all the while using money donated to him for him activism to actively take part in illegal sex activities in countries where women and children are exploited.

The two are incompatible, he can never be that beacon or advocate ever again.

He has utterly humiliated his family and all those sex abuse survivors who trusted in him.

He is finished as an activist.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

It is looking more and more like Thailand, Phucket included is a pedophile paradise:

Thailand's Chulalongkorn University estimated 2.8 million sex workers, of which 1.98 million were adult women, 20,000 were adult men and 800,000 were children

In Thailand, traffickers buys girls in the rural areas for a little as $3000 from their parents.

This should not be the face on anti-watchtower activism.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

SUMMARY: Lloyd Evans was a complete scumbag as a JW, and as an ex-JW, is STILL a complete SCUMBAG.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit