Wt encouraging people to completely forgive but they dont

by poopie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• paladin1
    paladin1
    I recall love statements in the watchtower study on Sunday and I kept thinking about the marking, shunning and disfellowshipping policy. Love in the WTS is conditional.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Island Man
    Also, they don't forget. The bible says God throws sinners sins behind his back when they repent. Not so, Watchtower. Watchtower holds the sinners past sins on record and use it against him to determine whether or not he qualifies for certain "privileges".

Unless it's incriminating for the corporation, then they destroy the evidence.
  • dbq407
    dbq407
    Even after a person is reinstated, some still choose to not associate with them or give them minumum love. Funny how everyone likes to talk about how forgiving they are until something personally happens to them, then its a whole other story.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The whole problem is that there is no privacy or boundaries, and everybody there knows everybody else's business.

This is not normal in case any lurkers are reading this. What goes on in the Witness religion is not normal or acceptable.

So, naturally, the consequence of this universal nosiness within the religion, if you have committed an "infraction", you will be judged. [I am not referring to anything major, like child molestation or defrauding people.] I am referring to less serious sins of the flesh.

The only way a person will stop being judged is if the people who know about them are dead OR stop gossiping.

However, a person doesn't have to DO anything to be disliked in the Witness religion. You just have to BE "too" [fill in the blank] intelligent, successful, attractive, confident. Just take your pick.

• Divergent
    Divergent

LongHairGal:

• However, a person doesn't have to DO anything to be disliked in the Witness religion. You just have to BE "too" [fill in the blank] intelligent, successful, attractive, confident. Just take your pick.

For me, too normal. From a "worldly" perspective. I realized that I would have to be abnormal to be a good JW!

• steve2
    steve2

JWs are proof that those who talk a lot about forgiveness and love, practice it the least.

Besides, I will listen to anyone's thoughts on forgiveness if there is acknowledgement of the repeated harm of the JW organization on any who are not 100% submissive to its direction and the need for that organization itself to repent, change its ways and seek forgiveness from its countless victims.

• Kick50r
    Kick50r

lol , of course they encourage people to FORGET. Was that not one of the reasons we have organized religion? So that justice may no longer be searched or made , but instead delayed to the "other life " ?

So that corruption / abuse /enslavement can be made freely? ( in the bible - slavery is legal and approved by God. )

For from the Religions perspective we are NOT to seek justice or fairness, instead are encouraged to "give the other face" so that one day our father in heaven bla bla bla ?

Sure , one look around and we see this forgive and forget total B.S. is ONLY for the citizens. When Citizens fail in a law does the estate / irs/ police / debt colectors / and even religious organization truly forgive? NO as we shoudnt either .

Just my humble and ignorant opinion

Take Care All

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Do as we say, (not as we do)..."
  • blondie
    blondie

*** w96 3/15 p. 16 par. 6 Meeting the Challenge of Loyalty ***

We want to have the loyalty that King David evidenced when he said: “Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.” (Psalm 139:21, 22) We do not want to fraternize with any willful sinners, for we have nothing in common with them. Would not loyalty to God keep us from socializing with any such enemies of Jehovah, whether in person or through the medium of television?

*** w93 10/1 p. 19 par. 15 “Search Through Me, O God” ***

Regarding them, the psalmist said: “Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.” (Psalm 139:21, 22) It was because they intensely hated Jehovah that David looked on them with abhorrence. Apostates are included among those who show their hatred of Jehovah by revolting against him. Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovah’s organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovah’s feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they “feel a loathing” toward those who have made themselves God’s enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance.—Job 13:16; Romans 12:19; 2 John 9, 10.

• steve2
    steve2

Kick50r, very perceptive post!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit