Wt encouraging people to completely forgive but they dont

by poopie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

But they don't forgive because they still shun people. Who they feel are not worthy of forgivenes

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    Story of my freaking life. Exactly why I sit in a therapists office once a week and get enough venting done so I don't blow my brains out. For another week at least.
  • zeb
    zeb
    A credit to you stephanie61092 for going to a counsellor.
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    For forgiveness to come into the picture, it is imperative for a wrongdoing to take place first. The ironic thing is that in many cases of shunning, no forgiveness is needed in the first place! The person shunned has done absolutely NOTHING wrong - all they have done is to disagree with the man-made teachings & man-made laws of the org, and for this illogical & nonsensical reason they are ostracised & shunned. Forgiveness? What for?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah, I know, right!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Just another contradiction in JW land. One of many!

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006
    Even if someone has actually done something "wrong" and is very remorseful, has stopped the wrong, made amends, that person can still be dfd--where is the forgiveness in that situation--simply to keep the congregation clean (barf) and to discipline (double barf). Feel the love of the most lovingest organization in the world...
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Very true.

Good comments and observations!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    That disgusting real estate/printing corporation will only pretend to 'forgive' if there is money in it for them. By what I can see, 'give us your money' is the main message from the paedophile protecting rock star popes AKA governing body(tm).
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    Also, they don't forget. The bible says God throws sinners sins behind his back when they repent. Not so, Watchtower. Watchtower holds the sinners past sins on record and use it against him to determine whether or not he qualifies for certain "privileges".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit