What's the purpose of being a JW now?

by MrTheocratic 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Really bright African garb, fruit platters and a lion petting zoo with a pet panda.... for trillions and trillions upon billions of years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • a watcher
    a watcher
    The same as it's always been: to serve Jehovah and to help others serve Jehovah.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

For me, remaining a JW, labeled 'spiritually weak' as it is, still grants me love and communication/interaction with hubby, parents, extended family and so many friends. These human relationships are worth the tiny bit of misery endured at the meetings/assemblies/service/memorial.

I emphasize the positive interactions and fun before and afterwards, so this has helped me to persevere for decades since knowing TTATT. The fact that the guilt is gone since becoming part of the 'conscious class' has helped immensely.

DY

• Giordano
    Giordano
    I think it was the banality of the meetings. The stupidity of the WT publications. The circle reasoning and the boredom. It was tedious being a JW. It was a limited existence based on made up beliefs. There's a heavy price to pay to stay close to conditional friendships and family that embrace's rational ignorance. Getting out in our young twenties was the game changer for our lives.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Because the end is closer than ever, for a JW.
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I was told at 9 years old i'd never leave Primary school in this system.

Then i'd finished primary school i was told i'd never leave High school in this system.

Then when i left High school i was told deinately - DEFINATELY it will come in my lifetime.

Now, us JW's of that generation look at our kids and tell them "you'll never leave primary school in this system..."

I do wonder, if i get to 80yo and still nothing has happened i'll think... oh bugger, there goes my life.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The purpose of being a JW now is the same as their purpose was in the past. Perpetuate the organization. The tactics have changed but not the goal.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    The only viable purpose in being a JW is to avoid being shunned by JW family - that is if you already are a JW. There is no purpose in becoming a JW.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    the boredom. It was tedious being a JW. It was a limited existence based on made up beliefs. There's a heavy price to pay to stay close to conditional friendships and family that embrace's rational ignorance. Getting out in our young twenties was the game changer for our lives

Newbs,lurkers and those mentally out and deciding your future , please listen to the wise words and long experience of Giordano - your REAL, PRESENT AND ONLY LIFE WILL DEPEND ON IT
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The purpose of being a JW is to make more JW,'s.

In the immortal words of Talking Heads " same as it ever was"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit