Bible Versus Quran Experiment - Genius!

by cofty 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Absolutely brilliant social experiment. Enjoy.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Naturally. The Quran gives women a few rights, the right to inherit property for example, pathetic I know, but the bible gives women no rights. Women are property.

As to the rest the bible is just as monstrous as the quaran - take your pick slavery, paedophilia, incest, homophobia, immolation, stoning, cuting of hands, child sacrifice etc bigoted violent attitudes abound.

Anyone who pretends one is better than the other hasn't read them.

I found the bible (in parts)less nonsensical but that's probably cultural bias.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

JW literature cart at 0:16.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fantastic video. Someone should do that in the US. Preferably in a red state.

Oh, somebody seems to be hiding behind that literature cart at 0:16. Probably the Witness.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I feel this is interesting yes they both contain the same rubish no doubt. I really don't think it is as simple as saying they are exactly the same however.

For one thing christians, despite a small band of red state radicals in america (our problem), has become of religion of apathy. Islam is growing, why? the amount of people who subscribe to the idea of jihad against non believers is more than the population of the united states, why? I am not going to say one of two evils is better or worse but consider somethings from an exegesis point of view.

The difference is not just quantitative, but quality. The political violence of the Koran is eternal and universal. Totally open ended. The political violence of the Bible was set particular historical (or faux historical in most of the bibles case) time and place. With the quran the violence remains a constant threat to all non-Islamic cultures, now and into the future.

The bible said things like commit genocide by killing this group or that group, ie midianites, yes awful and hateful. The quran's message of genocide is to infidels, that is very much more open ended, so when they quote their scripture about anyone who kills an innocent man has killed all mankind, what qualifies as innocent to them? If your not Muslim you aren't innocent.

Think about this too, the bible contradicts itself by having some of gods good guys lie to get out of trouble, still the general message in the bible is "lying is a sin". The quran through Kitman & Taqiya actually make lying a doctrine and good! These subtleties in teaching must have some affect on the adherent no? Am I wrong?

The nature of the desert god they all worship makes it all bad. But they are not literally the same book.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Nice little experiment. Just goes to say how little Christians know about their Bible and how much stereotype is there against Islam.

Eden

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Genius. Thanks for sharing!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Brilliant, abso-fucking-lutely brilliant!

I bet that'd fool most dubs.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Christians and Muslims consider their books great moral guides and the best source of wisdom, but prefer to live under humanists' laws and principles, even though they don't admit to it. Overtime I am realizing that many non believers are far more knowledgeable about the Bible than 99% of Christians.
  • johnny depp
    johnny depp
    I strongly recommend that you read: The Watchtower Society, Organizational Misbehavior by Gabriel H Ibarra. It has a section on the Koran, it will set you straight, worth every penny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit