USA growth -not

by loneranger 23 Replies latest jw friends

• loneranger
    loneranger

Toes Up...great point...many at the RC in Conyers mentioed that...they just spen 3 days at the Int'l Conv in Atlanta listening to the same bs with a different slant. Most seemed bored to tears. Glad to get it over.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Someone in my area a CO said a few years ago they were loosing a half dozen JWs per circuit assembly.

• LV101
    LV101

Hopefully the "half dozen" per assembly number has greatly increased by now.

• sir82
    sir82

Subtract that number from the number leaving, that's what I'd love to know.

Out of a random sample of 1220 people, you'd expect about 12 to die during the year. JWs tend to skew older, so it might be higher than that.

Probably a similar number, or even higher, get DF'ed or become inactive from that JW sample over the course of a year.

If that same group has 3 opportunities per year for baptism, and only averages 5 per occasion, they are definitely losing ground.

• alanv
    alanv

It was great how this last service, there was practically no increase at all in USA publishers. Hopefully it will be the same this year

• blondie
    blondie

Just something that just occurred to me (again but forgot it)

If a jw does not count any time for a year, he/she us bit included in the annual total.

• Searril
    Searril

These reports of wondrous contraction are truly happifying!

• My Name is of No Consequence
  • loneranger
    loneranger

My name...I have no idea...I did not attent that convention...sorry...loneranger

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some of that decline has to be to the fact that there many JWS in their elderly age that have died off.

People who are in their 70's and up who probably came into the organization during the big increase of membership of the late 1960's and 70's .

My sister who is still a JWS took a picture of her congregation and the age demographic was about 3/4 for people over the age of 50, not a lot of young adults and not a lot of kids running around either.

Quite the opposite from when I attended meetings back in the 70's and 80's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit