Did anyone go to the Atlanta International Convention?

by My Name is of No Consequence 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I ask because my mother went and, of course, it was great! What was the attendance? How many got baptized? I would love to read about any experiences.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Another good question for any who attended:

Did you notice the change in the baptismal questions...in particular...question #2 reference to the elimination of 'Spirit Directed organization'?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Are you talking about the one in 1969? If so I was 15 years old then and all I could remember is it was hotter than hell. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

We are closer to Atlanta than Birmingham, yet my husband's family's cong goes to Birmingham.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

I was at the Mercedes Benz stadium for a ATL UNITED game before the International Convention and there were 70,000 there for that event. There were only 47,000 JW's in attendance for the convention, nowhere near capacity. The top ring was closed off.

Sadly a longtime elder (who wayyy back went over one set of my baptism questions) died suddenly right as the the afternoon countdown timer was approaching 0 minutes on Sunday. Dead when he hit the ground. I despise all things JW Borg but this guy truly was a great person to the core. Non judgmental, non gossiper, no drama, low key, salt of the earth. Such a shame those qualities weren't put to better use elsewhere. His name was Tim Cole from the Suwanee GA Cong. https://www.crowellbrothers.com/obituaries/Timothy-Montgomery-Cole?obId=4418174 850 for his memorial service last Sunday spread out over 2 KH's in Suwanee, Suwanee Literature Depot, Buckhead, Braselton, and tied in up in TN.

Little history.... Tim's uncle was Marley Cole, a "famous" JW from years past: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/67610/marley-cole-jehovahs-witnesses-new-world-society

Steven "Goofwad" Lett was a real hoot and was the centerpiece for all the brainwashed man followers there:

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ Solz:

I’m sorry to hear about the elder you knew. This organization has literally sucked the life out of untold numbers of people.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

my mother went and, of course, it was great!

Of course every Assembly is great to a brainwashed deluded JWS.

JWS always appreciate knowing how not to be killed at the great day of Armageddon.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

@ My Name.

Tell me about it. I've resigned myself to the fact that JW DNA will always be with me. Hoping that time will heal the life that has been sucked from me + family that is recently out. What I would give for a JW erase button.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I didn't attend and don't know of anyone that did.

@ Solzhenitsyn

I'm sorry to hear about that brother Tim. In my almost 40 years being involved I met many fine people who could have been so great in other fields. Instead they wasted away and some still are, in this demonic cult.

I always found these beautiful people to always uphold true Christian values even at times going against elders being elders themselves. But I know it would drain them immensely.

On a side note. That picture of Lett looks like he walked in on Losch and saw his junk. LOL!!

• waton
    waton
    On a side note. That picture of Lett looks like he walked in on Losch and saw his junk. LOL!!

T: or the good stuff still available in Tony the 3rd's liquor cabinet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit