USA growth -not

by loneranger 23 Replies latest jw friends

• loneranger
    loneranger
    "Be Bold" circuit assembly in Conyers, Ga (USA) today.. Average attendance was 1220...5 baptized....mid aged or olders ones, no kids. Must be near the end...the "speeding up" is slowing down?
  • skin
    skin

It is clearly "speeding up", just not anywhere we are.

The attendance in the assembly's I go to are also declining and baptisms dropping. Only 2 out of 650 last month. One of the talks even talked about how fast the organization is growing and that there is a large demand for more kingdom halls. I'm guessing it must be in some isolated non english speaking country that no one as heard of because its certainly not in this country, and I'm not in USA.

• alanv
    alanv

There is still growth in some countries, but the vast majority now show barely any increase. Last year in Europe as a whole there was no increase at all.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Its called negative growth

• stillin
    stillin

Loneranger, I managed to miss that assembly, this time, or else we could have met up.

• mann377
    mann377

The WTBS keeps track of the numbers for all conventions. They see the 1/2% baptisms as we do, I'm sure that they have an end game plan for the future. Of that 1/2% how many will become elders, or support the financial needs of the org. They have something up their sleeve.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Subtract that number from the number leaving, that's what I'd love to know.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The International assembly in Atlanta was 2 weeks ago and the JW's have to sit through another day of this drivel? Torture!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

skin

skin12 hours ago

It is clearly "speeding up", just not anywhere we are.

Skin, the WTS can say anything they want and the lower jws must accept it as the truth; except for their own convention, how could they fact check it?

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

As I heard some of these expressions currently being discussed at the last conventions I attended, 10+ years ago, I would look down at my Bible/note pad, and with as straight of a poker face, I would look around in disbelief of the people nodding their heads, excitedly making more notes, etc.

I would eventually make eye contact with my wife, and she could read me like a book. My "Poker Face" was not a quality one at all. I just cannot imagine sitting through any part of this charade now. I've got really important things to do.....Well, Gilligans Island and Seinfeld reruns are on and I wouldn't want to miss them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit