I thought I was over it .

by jumper 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis
    its knowing that I'll never live up

I think that's probably the best one to shove right back at them Joel! Welcome to the forum...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to JWD, Joel....and welcome to the "been there, got da Tee shirt" gang....here's a topic that might help with what you've been going thru....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/57203/842238/post.ashx#842238

Cheers!

Frannie B

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, Joel!

I was very sure of my decision to leave and still am, but you are right: sometimes those old sorry "tunes" keep replaying in my mind and I realize I've still got some ways to go before I find my authentic self and rewrite the music. We'll get there!

outnfree

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    "Its was on them" not on me.

Thou hast spoken truthfully.

Part of the programming is making you feel like you'll never be anything, there is no life at all, outside the BORG.

You were not, and never were, the problem.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

17 years later, I can tell you things get better. The biggest switch for me was going from an outlook of just getting by and trying to stay exactly the same and taking no risks, to having an outlook of success and growing and changing and risking. The latter is a lot more fun - a lot more scary at times, but not boring - fun and rewarding.

Rock on.

• Special K
    Special K

Hi and welcome Joel

I'm sure that my experience is much like many of yours.

You are right about that one. You think you have left it all behind and then some of that old J.W. programming slips up in your head.

this is a great place to talk about all these issues..

Welcome and I look forward to reading and commenting on your posts.

sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit