I thought I was over it .

by jumper 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jumper
    jumper

My name is Joel I was raised as a jw, dunked at tweleve years old df 'ed at 17, 19, & 21 and then back in at 24 my father was an elder, my mother was the perfect model of subjection. Four times a week we would all put on our smiles and go to the kingdom hall the book study and out in service. Dressed impecably, and always well prepaired, All seemed as it should be, but at home things were crazy.

Im sure that my experance is much like many of yours. I have been inactive now for almost nine years and only in just the last few months have I started to see what a huge effect my upbringing has had on me, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. You see I thought I could just walk away, Walk away as if it were a church, every where I went it came with me, from the time I got up to the time I went to bed, If I went on vacation it would come too. What is it? Its fear, its worthlessness, its knowing that I'll never live up, its shame, its guilt, its selflothing. And its not mine anymore! All those feelings were given to me, they did not come from within a perfect child of God/dess. So I will give them back now, I have no use for them anymore. I was the victum of my parents obsession, my whole life I took those feelings on as my truth. Through all the shunning, all the beatings, all the put downs, all the isolation, through all of it, I never blamed the jws, I did'nt even get mad. I came to this site looking for info on deprograming and when I started reading I got pisted, anger flooded over my whole body. For the first time my anger was in the right place, "Its was on them" not on me.

Thanks for a safe place to dump!

• avishai
    avishai

Welcome Joel!!! Great post man! Lot's of us have been through almost identical situations!

But 17, 19, and 21? That's got to be some kinda record!!! I applaud you, it sounds like you finally have come home. I live in Chico. Feel free to pm me anytime. I'll give ya my # if ya wanna talk!

• bebu
    bebu

Hey Joel,

This kind of place IS the best place to dump the kind of things you have been carrying.

Welcome to JWD! Hope you'll enjoy the trip.

bebu

• avengers
    avengers
    Through all the shunning, all the beatings, all the put downs, all the isolation, through all of it, I never blamed the jws, I did'nt even get mad.

Sounds familiar. Lots of us went through the same. Glad you found this board.
    Looking forward to your next post.

Andy.

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Hi, welcome!!!!!

Your situation is very similer to mine and alot of others here. It really is sad and it hurts alot. I have suffered alot over this, and i am in the angry stage too. i know one day i will be able to move on, just like you will. Hang in there, were all here for you. I found such comfort and knowledge when i came to the boards here, and my life suddenly had meaning, and i felt so free. So its good to have you here!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Joel, welcome to the board.

I sort of know how you feel, I am still at the angry stage myself. I never took a dunking so I didn't have to put up with all the crap that you did, but be thankful you have found out how shonky it all is at a young age.

I'd been out for 28 years before I found out the real truth about them.

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome, Joel.

I have to admit that is a record in reinstatements in my memory. A father for an elder might have "helped."

I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
    Relax said the nightman
    We are programmed to receive
    You can check out any time you like
    But you can never leave
    (Hotel California)

We have founds ways to "leave" here.

Blondie

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Welcome aboard, if you read any of my posts you'll find I have the same feelings as well as hundreds of others here.

We are like the living books in the movie farenhiet 451 living in a abandoned rail yard eating apples!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    df 'ed at 17, 19, & 21

yep, here too, disfellowshipped three times.....well, the last time, I didn't go back, I just assumed I had been disfellowshipped. My parents (dad also an elder) have been shunning me for the past 15 years. My parents don't know me, my husband my children or grandchildren. They are the ones that is missing out.

When I first found this board, I hadn't stepped foot in a kingdom hall in 15years. I would read and then have to walk away and think about all of this new information. Sometimes it was just overwhelming.

Welcome Joel, being raised in the religion, ummm...cult...it takes awhile to deprogram, but you are among friends now.

Lisa

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

WELCOME JOEL!!!

You've come to the right place.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit