Did becoming a JW influence you to give up something you enjoyed ?

by smiddy3 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

am - So what do you think of Donny Osmond? Do you attend his musical events?

Not my scene.

Here are the bands I've seen recently...

Alice Cooper

Rammstein

The Graham Bonnet Band

John Ottway

Wilko Johnson

Alcatrazz

Steve Hackett

I have tickets to see..

Adam Ant

The Blue Oyster Cult

Sweet

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the JW cult influenced me to give up masturbating, as a young teenager.

I failed

repeatedly.

• HoodwinkedToo
    HoodwinkedToo

Living…?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Punk - I don't recognize all of them but some of them. I'm not surprised Donny isn't on the list. Puppy Love wasn't that popular with Alice Cooper fans.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I only have heard of a couple that you mention Punk .

I`m more familiar with Count Bassie ,Duke Ellington , Gene Krupa ,Glenn Miller ,Tommy Dorsey ,etc ,etc.

Maybe it`s an age thing ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Smids - I went to see the Chris Barber Jazz band at the Cresset, Peterborough ~UK back in the 70's.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Football: When I was a kid, I was naturally gifted for football. I'd play during lunch time with the football team guys and they really wanted me to join. But I couldn't... extra secular activities right? Always wondered if I could have gone far in that sport... I'll never know.

Lawyer/Politics: It was my first career choice and I knew that politicians often start out as lawyers. I was really good at debates in school when they were part of the class curriculum. Even today, I'm still very much interested by this stuff. But of course, lawyers are frowned upon in the JWs and politics is straight up inadmissible. So, I chose IT instead.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

When I was a Jdub, I was always near broke. Now that I'm not a Jw, I got cash to burn.

• joao
    joao

Although, according to their point of view, I wasn't a very zealous witness, becoming one hindered all of the most important aspects of my life: my family life was deeply affected, because my wife and my daughters were/are witnesses, the relationship with our relatives was also hampered as well as the one with our friends and it was a terrible waste of time and money. And you can never recover the time you waste!

• a-JW-girl
    a-JW-girl

Yes. I just posted my life story. The religion influenced me to give up the love of my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit