Did becoming a JW influence you to give up something you enjoyed ?

by smiddy3 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I was an avid hunter and fisherman and loved the outdoors. Then I was brainwashed that hunting was bad and gave it up. Fishing was ok as long as you didn't waste the fish you caught.

I also limited my relationship with my own father who I hunted with because he was opposed to da truf. At least I rekindled that when he got older no matter what the JW idiots said.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

AnnaM - I have see Bowie live. It was a good show. I don't go for all the Golden Dawn Illuminati conspiracy stuff. It's all nonsense and not what everyone thinks.

Thanks for the links. The band I play in cover 3 Bowie songs.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

No conspiracy - even Beethoven was a member of the Illuminati.

Here's one of his - as you can see the boy is doing as above so below. Maybe he fell into a TVC15.

Sacris Solemnis - Libera - Immortal Beloved - YouTube

Anyway I expect its best for us to agree to disagree. That aside, must be nice to have musical talents. I can play chop sticks. Badly. And I never gave that up when I joined WT.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Where's that rich widow when I need her?

I hear Barry Manilow concerts are good places to look for prowling cougars. Or you could try the live stage version of "Mama Mia." Either way the downside is having to sit through the music.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Being raised a Jw was not enjoyable. It was restricted and prevented any growth. Watchtower hinders personal development and higher learning. They want a bunch of dumb people who can't think for themselves. I refuse not to be placed in their pathetic state.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

JeffT - That's a good idea.

Mind you, I'm going to see Adam Ant in Leicester (UK) on Friday. I might pick up a New Romantic Pensioner.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Better take your drum sticks to smack them over your head. You might end up with a latter day Diana Dors.

Adam & The Ants - Prince Charming - YouTube

Now is this a what people today are terming a 'narcissist'? When he breaks the mirror is he falling into a TVC15? Does he lives in two worlds?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

AnnaM - The nearest I will get is KFC Chicken Drumsticks. Dripping in fat and bereft of taste. KFC isn't nice like it was.....at least not here in the UK.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I grew up within it .. but luckily I did not have controlling JW cloned parents. During the sixty’s I heard all the counsel on rock music but I decided to ignore it. I have always loved the music, rock, soul , Blues and all. I just decided that the doctrinal stuff was legit from God, but counsel on music and girl’s hemlines etc was just from the men... well intentioned but Uninformed ..

I did not tell them at the Hall, though!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Punk - KFC - That has some input from Mormons didn't it?

The Untold LDS Story behind KFC's Rapid Growth | Meridian Magazine (latterdaysaintmag.com)

So what do you think of Donny Osmond? Do you attend his musical events?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit