Watchtower & Guns

by freemindfade 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwabuse.com
    jwabuse.com

I have a Ruger .357 Magnum with 6 inch barrel. No permit required here in Texas unless you open carry. No apologies owning it while I was in, no apologies now. Here in Tejas, most of the Brethren look the other way if they themselves don't own one. Lots do. One of our elders was a very outspoken proponent and owner of many guns. Funny how everyone follows the Borg's direction until it's something they really want to do, huh?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Yyyyyyep

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

*** g 6/08 p. 11 When Is Self-Defense Justified? ***
    The Bible thus indicates that a person may defend himself or his family if physically assaulted. He may ward off blows, restrain the attacker, or even strike a blow to stun or incapacitate him. The intention would be to neutralize the aggression or stop the attack. This being the case, if the aggressor was seriously harmed or killed in such a situation, his death would be accidental and not deliberate.

Well I'll be goddamned! I guess the new writers of the What Tower? forgot to do their due diligence and research previous answers. What a bunch of dumbf--ks!!

• NikL
    NikL

I had a XKS Paratrooper version.

It was stolen along with my car, computers, and bunch of other stuff when I was burgled a couple years ago.

Now all I have a Ruger 22

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "During the Great Tribulation, Christians will rely on Jehovah and not try to defend themselves..."

This particular stance pisses me off to no end.

How many JW kids have been bullied mercilessly over the decades because devout, obedient, Witness parents subscribed to this degree of "pacifist" rhetoric and, for all intents and purposes, forbid them from - or refused to teach them how to - defend themselves...

...even though their "Great Tribulation" hadn't even started yet?

And then telling them that they'll have "God's blessing" for it?

Horseshit.

If there's one thing I learned growing up, it's that the more crap you take from people, the more they'll give you. "Ignoring them until they stop" - rather than not putting up with it (by whatever means) - just encourages more abuse.

All this does is virtually guarantee their kids grow up afraid, unable to stand up for themselves, or thinking that God wants them to be picked on.

I suppose the Org finds perpetual victims useful, though.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Now all I have a Ruger 22

Ruger 22's are a good time though. For the range and just some fun shooting? super accurate, cheap and fun.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

A Glock 17 is a good basic handgun to have around when the Witnesses pay you a visit.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

lol

I remember working rural areas of California and having guns pulled on us. Nice to send little kids into such a situation.

I am not a Glock fan, just a personal preference, but I do understand their appeal and reputation. I respect them just don't like them for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit