Watchtower & Guns

by freemindfade 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Apparently Jehalapeno isn't a 2nd Amendment supporter either...

July 17 Questions from readers...

The way this part is worded SCREAMS cult to me, I was quite amused.

How a Christian chooses to protect himself, his family, or his possessions is, of course, largely a personal matter, as is his choice of employment.

Geee! Thanks watchtower for allowing me to "largely chose my own employment" you are a generous cult lol

back on gun matters, then here comes the contradiction:

That said, Bible principles reflect God’s wisdom and his love for us. Out of regard for those principles, spiritually mature Christians choose not to keep a firearm for protection against other humans.

guess it's not a personal matter after all

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My dad had to quit a good paying career with benefits and a pension. So much for having a choice.

On a side note I'm thinking about getting a AK47

• Londo111
    Londo111

"largely a personal matter"--which is makes it seem palatable and reasonable, when actually in means Watchtower dictates what is a personal matter when it comes to employment and what is not, as well as the consequences for violating a ruling that is deemed not personal.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Crazyguy

That makes me angry about your dad

I never really thought the U.N. NGO scandal was that big of a deal, until I made the connection to how watchtowers policy has affected people like your dad. Forcing them into neutrality while not practicing it themselves.

and get an AR first

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

...and yet, even as we speak, the members of the GB have bodyguards - not angelic, because you can never be sure when an invisible person has decided to take a dump, grab a smoke or some fish 'n chips - no, they have mere mortal Bethelites assigned to "take one for the Gipper" if necessary.

I wonder how they make sure they aren't giving the job to one of the Bethel "prancing nancies" who will SCREECH! and run away if threatened?

• freemindfade
  • NikL
    NikL

Nathan, do they REALLY have bodyguards? Can that be substantiated?

I am certain they do personally but just wondering if there is any info on that.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

During the Great Tribulation, Christians will rely on Jehovah and not try to defend themselves - this screams 'cult', too.

It's perfectly natural for people to defend themselves when attacked. WT is here basically saying that JWs must not defend themselves, but rely on Jehovah getting off his ass and doing something instead (ain't gonna happen).

the members of the GB have bodyguards - do these bodyguards carry guns or other weapons?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    do these bodyguards carry guns or other weapons?

jworg throwing stars

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

How many people here have firearms??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit