JW at a thrift store....

by Muddy Waters 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When people said "Bless you" or "Happy holiday" or any such stuff, I generally said "Thank you."

Ridiculous to display contempt for good intentions.

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

Iā€™m recently awake and I am so glad I donā€™t have to be like that woman telling my children ā€œdonā€™t do this, we donā€™t say thatā€. Not that long ago, I was doing that, ALL day long. So exhausting and pointless. Itā€™s such a relief, but really so sad also especially for our innocent beautiful children. Glad to be free!!!!

Like Jesus said ā€œYou shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you freeā€.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Hi everyone!! Thank you so much for your comments! I had to ā€œpost and runā€, lol, so excuse me for not replying sooner.

LV101 - I see youā€™ve got your answer about the meatball reference! LOL

Itā€™s from a song, ā€œOn Top of Spaghettiā€, which is a remake/childrenā€™s version of the song, ā€œOn Top of Old Smokeyā€.

The ā€œOld Smokeyā€ version went something like:

On top of old smokey (a mountain)

All covered in snow

I lost my poor lover

from a-courtinā€™ too slowā€¦.

The ā€œSpaghettiā€ version, which we loved as children, went like this:

On top of spaghettiiiiiiiii

All covered in cheese

I lost my poor meatball

when somebody sneezed.

It rolled of the table

and onto the floor

and then my poor meatball

rolled right out the door!

It rolled in the garden

and under a bush

and then my poor meatball

was nothing but mush.

!!

Pretty cute song. :)

ā€¦

And sir82 - lol, how true!! I remember saying some pretty absurd things and receiving equally incredulous looks, but ā€œknowingā€ I was right and had ā€œthe truthā€ somehow kept me bumbling alongā€¦ just like this poor woman in the thrift store!

ā€¦

Moster - cool, Iā€™d not heard that one before!

ā€¦

blondie - omg, so true, the JWs, or their leaders, have truly become scribes and Pharisees.

Straining out the gnat and gulping down the camel!! Blind guides. All falling into a pit. A pit of mindless repetition, boredom, judgment of others, sneering superiority. All found in their kingdom halls, full of nitpickers.

Judging everythingā€¦ your music, the books you readā€¦ the clothes you wear, your hair, oh my good. Everything.

ā€¦

Thank you, Phoebe! :)

ā€¦

john.prestor - I know!! I couldnā€™t believe her nerve either. I wonder if she knew the person who worked there. It didnā€™t *seem* soā€¦ but who knows. So very bizarre!!

ā€¦

Maria Nieves - so sad about the little child being corrected just for saying a nice little nothing-y thing.

ā€¦

Butyoucanneverleave - quite right. But of course JWs canā€™t just do something so normal or polite, lol.

ā€¦

clean ideas - Thank you for explaining the meatball reference! lol. I should have made that more clear in my post.

ā€¦

smiddy3 - Isnā€™t that true!! I never realized how superstitious JWs really are. I mean, take their wind chime thing. The toasting thing. The not saying bless-you after sneezing thing. No clinking glasses for toasts. No rice or confetti at weddings.

The big issues of life are seen as ā€œrefuseā€ - garbage - to them (careers, education, etc.)

Makes me very angry actually.

ā€¦

WingCommander - I loved that movie, Whatā€™s Eating Gilbert Grape! So surreal and sad.

ā€¦

sparky1 - hahaha! Yep. Gotta count time and report whatever morsel you can! They are so few and far between.

ā€¦

OrphanCrow - isnā€™t that true! (about some JWs shouldnā€™t go out in public! Yet I was one of them too! God, so self-righteousā€¦.)

laughing my head off about Herbal Essences shampoo. JWs are sooooo uptight!!!!

ā€¦

tiki & johnamos - Great points!!! I think it would be awesome for people to say bless-you after a fart or belch! LOL

ā€¦

neat blue dog - Thank you. I hope her embarrassment makes her think a little bit about ā€¦ everything!

ā€¦

redvip2000 - no, I didnā€™t go further with her. I may have asked a few more questions to keep her talking so foolishly. In the end I just felt very sorry for her. It was like looking at a version of me, years ago, when I so fervently believed it all.

ā€¦

OnTheWayOut - yes, youā€™d think thatā€™s the most reasonable, and polite, way to reply. People are just showing a kindness. (now, how to get them to say bless- you after after other bodily releases? LOL!)

ā€¦

HappyBlessedFree - Yes, talk about exhausting and pointless. Their theology and doctrines are just another way to elevate themselves and separate themselves and look down at everybody else.

It is GOOD to be FREE from them!!!

ā€¦

- Muddy

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I love throwing wedding rings at them!!!!!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

You should have told her did about bon fires and how they were used to keep evil spirits away.

Then again she probably would have said the something like "oh, but we don't do them with that in mind."

Zealous demon seeking witnesses are brain dead and just regurgitate what they've been taught like the idiot zombies they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit