undeserved kindness vs. grace

by nowwhat? 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Undeserved kindness means- you puny humans are irredemable and worthless, but because I am such a benevolent and magnanimous God. I give you a way for salvation. But you better keep working day in and day out for the rest of your miserable lives and PERHAPS I'll save you on my day of wrath. Grace or loving kindness means- I know it's not your fault you were born into sin so I am providing a way for your salvation. I know you can't pay me back so just show the same love toward your fellow man As I am showing love for you.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Enjoy your day!

:0)

• tepidpoultry
  • sir82
    sir82

Yep, the purpose in using "undeserved kindness" instead of "grace" is to reinforce the idea that you, the worshipper of Jehovah, are absolute utter scum.

Thus, you are far more willing to accept whatever demeaning, humiliating counsel or correction the elders or others give you.

• anointed1
    anointed1

You need underserved kindness when you fail because you do not have the ability to win. But humans have the ability because thought is the father of all actions, and when you change your thinking, your action changes. When you withdraw your attention, temptation ceases.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

It's a Watchtowerism. Google "undeserved kindness" and the first 4 headings are for jw dot org.

And yes - it used to piss me off mightily too. The only thing worse was GREAT undeserved kindness just in case you weren't full aware of just what a lowly worm you are.

All though I guess all worms are lowly...

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

undeserved kindness vs. grace

=

two very different understandings.

''undeserved kindness'' is implying that, as mentioned above, that as humans we don't merit any kind of Divine favouring, or we are pretty much nothing(undeserved, don't deserve anything)

now 'Grace' on the other hand, is a gift rendered to all humans by virtue of the Ransom Sacrifice, which Christ had to suffer for mankind who had to taste death for all of us. Probably the best scripture in the Bible(NIV) (NKJ) Ephesians 2:8,9.

• eva luna
    eva luna

That phrase always made me feel unworthy.

The intent was to never let you feel secure with god. Keep you on the hamster treadmill till you die....I hated it.

Hated it as much as a spanking from a parent that said 'this hurts me more than it will hurt you'

[lets hide the wooden spoons and hot wheel tracks little brother]

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Yes, another example of how Freddie "translated" the bible to fit the Watchtower slant.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

"I love you so much that I'm giving you this wonderful gift that you will never be worthy of."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit