Do they know what 7.5 billion dead bodies look like?

by jambon1 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    JeffT - According to Wikipedia the destruction of one gram of antimatter and one gram of regular matter equals about 3 Hiroshima bombs. The average weight of a human is 62000 grams. I'm guessing no one in the writing department thought about that when they wrote that article.

It's overlapping antimatter, ie. 1 gram of antimatter overlaps with another gram of antimatter, which overlaps with another gram of antimatter, and so on, creating only 1 gram of antimatter. The original 1 gram of antimatter will evidently be dropped on apostate christendom. After that, nothing else matters...

https://youtu.be/tAGnKpE4NCI

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome tor1500.

JW's are too germ-a-phobic to clean up the wicked.

I have information for you from the Society. Share this with them and all should be good, you know, because the Society has always had the Truth.

It has never been proven that a single disease is due to germs. – G24 1/16 p. 250

Do you know the germ theory has never been proven? And it cannot be proven, either. If it had been proven, it would not be a theory. It has been truly said that ‘knowledge without evidence is superstition’; and that applies to the germ theory also. It is a leftover superstition of a past age, when men feared that the earth was inhabited with hideous monsters that were hiding everywhere, in the air, in the sea, in the darkness, etc., always ready to jump out and devour him or make life otherwise miserable for him…now that we have come into this enlightened age, we have discarded the hideous monster superstition for want of positive proof, but we are still just as foolish as our forefathers of old. We have turned from a gigantic monster theory, to the germs, which are so small that we cannot hear, see, feel, smell or taste them. Yet they are just as ferocious as the monsters of old, ‘lurking everywhere, ready to attack man and send him to an early grave. According to the inventors of this preposterous idea, the germ’s only aim in life is to make life miserable for man. But fortunately for all of us, it is only an idea. G31 3/18 p. 404

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The Golden Age 19 December 1923, page 164

The mosquito has a bad record. He it is that carries the germs of malaria, yellow fever, dengue or break-bone fever, and filariasis

The Golden Age was an interesting magazine - and provided a constrast to the Watchtower magazine.

The Golden Age published a huge amount of what we would call 'user-submitted' articles - which included the weird and wonderful, and sometimes even, when compared to what we know nowadays, dangerous, including 'quack medicine'. The magazine editors obviously choose what to print, but it was an interesting magazine that reflected the times it was printed in - and the desires and opinions of both the writers and readers looking for a 'golden age.' - it provided people with a conduit to expound their ideas to a wider audience (remember they had no internet back then haha).

rebel8's interesting quote, from the 18 March 1931 edition of The Golden Age - "Do you know the germ theory has never been proven? And it cannot be proven, either" - well, I would move that, more truthfully, the quote should be attributed to 'Germs, the Modern Superstition' by Dr. E. H. Dresden (Iowa) writing in The Golden Age 18 March 1931.

There is no denying that the WT printed it (full page scans below to prove it was printed) - and actually the reference to it is in the WT's 1930-1985 Index which is on the WT CD Library, under the heading 'Germs / Disease' - take a look!

What's interesting is that, if you do look up the Index 1930-1985 - there is another reference provided, in the same year, seven months later - which rebel8 hasn't mentioned, namely 'g31 10/14 23-26' - and which highlights the nature of The Golden Age magazine regarding user submissions...

The Golden Age 14 October 1931, pages 23 to 26

Germane Questions by Roy D. Goodrich (Florida)

The article "Germs, the Modern Superstition", by Dr. E. H. Dresden, in a recent issue of your esteemed journal, The Golden Age, has been read with much interest. There is a golden thread of truth that runs throughout this article, and no doubt the destruction of fanciful and superstitious fears among the people will be for their good, particularly if truth be substituted therefor. If certain serum sellers and inoculation mongers should strenuously object, let the very reasonable hope be expressed that many of them are merely blinded and not dishonest.

Before accepting all of Dr. Dresden's statements on this interesting subject, in their entirety, however, I find myself in need of the answers to some questions which have arisen in my mind, and which, so far as I am aware, have never been answered by Dr. Dresden or his germ-eating colleagues. Perhaps many other readers of The Golden Age, finding themselves in this same predicament, will be glad to consider some of these questions, in connection with the suggestion that perhaps this new and verdant school of doctors, though not superstitious, have much weakened their case by the common errors of exaggeration and the making of unsupported statements.

etc etc

Link to scans

The Golden Age 18 March 1931, pages 404 to 406

The Golden Age 14 October 1931, pages 23 to 26

• Heaven
    Heaven

The stench from that much rotting meat will be overwhelming.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Darkspilver would you please stop cluttering up a conversation with these information dumps that are not necessary. As Simon has said on many occasions...........put it in your own words and add a citation where the articles can be found.

Thanks.

• zeb
    zeb

heaven. My words exactly. Ever had anything to do with decaying animals?

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

About 10 years ago an elder made a point of telling the congregation that the number of meat eating birds in the world had dramatically increased that year, nobody (including myself) bothered to check if there was any truth to this claim, Armageddon was too close to bother checking facts.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We will have to sort them in "recycling" bins marked as "asian" "black" "hispanics" just like organised bethelites would. You turn your back and your pet labrador is munching on a police officers skull...."Oh Daisy NOOOO! Drop it!"

• Heaven
    Heaven

zeb said: heaven. My words exactly. Ever had anything to do with decaying animals?

Yes I have. Even a dead mouse stinks to the point of gagging. Billions of rotting corpses are going to cause, not only a stench that would be unbearable, but a rash of diseases that would kill more people.

Edited to add:

I found this baby raccoon dead beside my house 3 years ago. It had been deceased 1-2 days. It was already starting to reek.

• Giordano
    Giordano

To a newly resurrected one...."Hi there.... here's your rake and shovel, your hazmat suit and a breathing mask. Most of our volunteers pass up lunch especially if it's a bit ripe where your working."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit