A recent antiwitnessing experience

by john.prestor 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• VIII
    VIII

john.prestor, I understand your frustration. Believe me. I do.

I just sent that story about the crazy JWs who thought it was Armageddon to my Mom and relatives (all JWs) and told them to text or call me before doing the same thing...I hope they understand the emoticons I attached...

I have tried for years to get my Mom and other relatives to wake up. It is hopeless. Even a BIL who was never in is entrapped. He listens to the crap and now thinks if he gets in he will see his recently deceased wife in the New System. Very sad. When a Cult has control of your emotions (and all family interactions) you will bow to it.

I don't and if they cut me off-I am better off. They are of the "we don't care if you're DAd, DFd, etc. we'll ignore" school of thought, so I'm lucky I guess. However, highly dysfunctional so I could do without all the drama and Armageddon, Great Tribulation talk when I do talk to them. It consumes them. They are NUTZ.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

VIII, I appreciate that. For god's sake the woman made the rest of us listen to her video, that's how little respect she showed us. Just broadcasting her religious beliefs across the station. And then the man talks to me like I'm some kind of hoodlum out of the 1950s. Most Jehovah's Witnesses really do communicate contempt for others.

Hahaha, you gotta tell us if they respond or not, that story is downright hysterical. Seriously, people couldn't come up with a story like that if they wanted to.

Trust me, I know what it's like to go through that. Most of my family are still fundamentalist Christians, whether Baptist or Pentecostal or whatever, but they're... crazy, too. There's no nice way to say it, and yes, it takes a toll on you. I hope they wake up, just like I hope my family wakes up, but I've finally come to terms with the fact that they're not going to, and it sounds like you have, too. Does it give you peace of mind?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

John Preston - for some people I just think it’s better if they don’t. My father is getting up in years and quite frankly for his age and health he is better off been delusional. It is what it is .

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I get where you're coming from, I do. And there's a part of me that believes that too. But... I want to believe, and I do believe, that it's never too late for anyone.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The fact is, you listen to multiple sources. It’s simply not likely that all of these sources are wrong. He listens to only one source who have been caught deceiving people, even courts, on multiple occasions.

nice one ! Sometimes less is more. Boy he was mighty aggressive, wasn’t he ? Does he have something to hide?

edit: just to say I’m with you when it comes to everyone having the right to know. Unless they are very unwell, in which case it’s too much for them. I know of people well into their seventies and eighties who have woken up in retirement and are mighty glad they did.

• zeb
    zeb

jp well done.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Zeb, Diogenesister, thanks guys. I felt good standing up for myself even after he got so outright hostile and nasty. I stood my ground and didn't give an inch.

The thought never crossed my mind that he might have something to hide, and while I can't say for certain, the possibility is definitely there. He got really mad really fast, he didn't even pause to think he just lashed out at me verbally, and from his body language, he wanted to do more.

I'm headed to that station again Saturday, wonder if I'll run into them again. Wouldn't that be something, haha.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well i think you did pretty damned good jp considering it was likely spontaneous and off the cuff.

We can all sit back after the event and say maybe you should have done this or said that ,like I said you done well.

Why should we pussy-foot around with them anymore , with all that`s gone on in the organization these past years and they are still in denial they need some hard hitting blunt truth`s to wake them up.

keep up the good work

and take care .

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Exactly, they get the straight talk from now on.

Can do, smiddy3. Thanks for backing me up. You take care too.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Couple of thoughts:

I"m sure the woman was breaking the rules of the station by playing music (or in this case a video with sound) without headphones and loud enough to cause a disturbance.

The guy really told you to get out of there? WTF. He's the one that is loitering. I think you did well not going off on him.

You should complain to the authority that runs the station on both points above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit