More money and meeting with 3 elders

by Foolednomore 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

I'm so glad you had your uncle there. Committee meetings are JW hell. I wish everyone hauled before a judicial committee had legal counsel.

• carla
    carla

I once showed my jw that Jesus was not his mediator and he still wouldn't believe it. Not sure he quite understands it today.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

It was very enjoyable watching them in their uncomfortable silence as my uncle cross examined them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

The poster MUM above seems to think the meeting discussed here with your uncle and the elders was a ‘committee meeting’.. Was it?

I got the impression that it was a ‘friendly’ meeting that you arranged that may have been over somebody’s house. I didn’t think it was at the hall. You didn’t give any details. Please clarify a little.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

No it was not a committee meeting but more of them searching us out sort of speak. For the first 35 minutes or so they did all the talking. I sat at my desk and listened to them, then uncle came in hitting them non stop with questions. Some of those questions they didn't want to answer but we knew the outcome. Real critical thinking questions. They looked like deer in headlights.

• Mum
    Mum

Oops! I guess I thought all meetings were committee meetings if they're with the elders. Any meeting with the elders would be the Spanish Inquisition if they could get away with it.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

They where on the edge of the chair as my uncle cross examined them with questions. For once they where in the hot seat. Watching them in their uncomfortable state as my uncle took over, was very comical and eye opening about them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit