More money and meeting with 3 elders

by Foolednomore 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

So, We had this meeting with 3 elders ( Larry, Moe and Curly) My uncle who is the lawyer sat in the room and stayed quiet, and fact for 40 minutes we let them talk. We would just sit there. They went into along winded monolog about how the world is in bad shape and getting worst. And ever endless about the Org. How wonderful it is. My uncle started to ask them about Russell's "miracle wheat". From there he asked about all the dates that Watchtower said the end would come. Then my uncle asked about the child abuse in the Org and the many law suits. Watchtower part of the UN for 10 years. I just stayed quiet. Then, he asked them why are they coming around asking elderly widows for money. Which I popup and said " Sounds Shady to Me!" These three idiots had a hard time explaining everything to us. My uncle advised them as being legal counsel for the family for them to stay away from our mother and family members or face legal action.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I'm surprised they stayed at all

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

They going against the Bible. As usual. Inheritance is for family, not org.

Proverbs 13:22 says “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children.”

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Your uncle sounds clueless asking about totally irrelevant things.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RATTIGAN:

I don’t agree.

I think it was smart to ask them questions about past teachings of the religion. Most Witnesses are ignorant about past teachings or scandals. Many are even ignorant about current teachings! ..I could just see these guys getting all tongue-tied and stuttering - and then he asks them that last question (which they didn’t expect) and they got tongue-tied even further.

I’m sure they must have been embarrassed, shocked and angry when they walked out of there.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Seems to me that your uncle listened carefully and responded to the elders message appropriately. The three elders probably were reluctant to bring up the real reason for their visit because of the presence of a lawyer. And they got the tongue lashing they needed in the end as well. Good job Uncle!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

What is funny is uncle never studied or was a Jw. He gave them questions what he put together by his research. They where more then tongue tied. When they opened their mouth with something my uncle would bring across examination that would stop them in their tracks. They looked like fools.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Your uncle sounds clueless asking about totally irrelevant things.

Are you saying a group that recruits under the false idea that they have always had the truth shouldn't be questioned about their history? Truth is a constant. Are you saying that a group that recruits under the false idea that they are pure before the eyes of god shouldn't be questioned about their policy of hiding child abusers? If god loves the little children then there should be consequences. Are you saying that a group that would take from a elderly widow to enrich the lives of the hierarchy shouldn't be questioned about everything including what you might consider irrelevant? These men are thieves that prey upon the weak.

That non-JW Uncle did an outstanding job.

• Ding
    Ding

I think Uncle was showing the elders the sort of things they would face in court if they mess with Uncle's JW family members.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Truth stands up to criticism. My uncle showed something very profound that day with those elders. They don't have any truth. No facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit