More money and meeting with 3 elders

by Foolednomore 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Elders don't usually read Bible. They just do what the heavys in new york tell them.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m surprised they continued with a lawyer in the room. I would assume they would just leave, and not meet with you unless you were alone. They are afraid of lawyers, and legal action.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

My uncle was an " interested party" who walked into the meeting. With them not knowing he is a lawyer until the end. The perfect ambush.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That should put an end to it. Anyone bringing up the organization's past scares the daylights out of them, if they have even a tiny inkling about it. And if they tell HQ about what happened, they will be told in strict terms not to discuss it and to forget anything they heard and stay far away from anyone pushing such "lies."

The history of the JWs is the one thing that could topple the whole religion in the shortest time.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Excellent story.... thanks for sharing.

LHG: I think it was smart to ask them questions about past teachings of the religion. Most Witnesses are ignorant about past teachings or scandals. Many are even ignorant about current teachings!

I agree Long Hair Gal. I once met with an Elder and MS at a nearby KH a few years after leaving to ask them a few questions. When I asked why Jesus wasn't allowed to be their Mediator, the young MS quipped, "He is our Mediator"! I turned my head to the Elder and waited a second, then said, "Do you want to tell him or do you want me to"? The elder was forced to tell the MS that Jesus was not his Mediator. The MS looked back at me with a combination of shock and hatred. I was there with my wife and 4 and 5 yr. old boys, so they were forced to keep things civilized.

Maybe the same thing will happen to their KH that happened to the former KH below. I just love happy endings.

May be an image of tree

• Biahi
    Biahi

Seabreeze, great story! I showed my mom (in the Insight book), how Jesus was not her mediator. She thought I made it up. When I showed her, IN THEIR OWN LITERATURE, the proof, she dropped the subject.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

That’s a good story and it was embarrassing to that MS but it just goes to show how people there can’t keep up with the changing teachings.. But, I suspect many Witnesses now don’t CARE what the teachings are. At this point it’s just a club and if all you know is the name “Jehovah” and “new system”, you’re good in their eyes.

BIAHI:

I didn’t believe that at first either when I read about it. But, when you think about it, if something like that were literally true and Jesus was not everybody’s mediator - then people should be praying to the GB, right? 🤣🤣

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    At this point it’s just a club and if all you know is the name “Jehovah” and “new system”, you’re good in their eyes.

"Sister Ann Droid please".

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hi Sea Breeze,

i looked at that pic and thought why’s no empty seats ?

and, hey,

why’s the guy with the mike got his hand up ?

What a hoot them Kingdumb Hall meetings have become !

• jhine
    jhine

Rattigan what questions should he have asked ?

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit