Tell me if I'm right or wrong

by Chook 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

JWs say they can go anywhere in the world and they " know" that they would be shown hospitality from their fellow brothers. Of all my years as a JW I found this wasn't the case. I honestly believe that if I turned up at any of my fellow apostates on here house and said hi I'm chook can we have a coffee, the response would be how many sugars.

• zeb
    zeb

Once the wts suggested we should attend kh if we were away on holiday. Well we were away.. I attended the local hall but I had the times wrong and as I arrived everyone was leaving they sped off away not even saying hello.

One brother stayed behind and proceded to question me about do you know this one or that one as if doing so proved my credentials. Then it was further about items the wt had said; all along the party line. He was none too subtle about it either. I left thinking I had come across a bunch of control/ed freaks. and no I never went near any other kh except for a few funerals.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Well lets face it, how many witnesses really do travel the world over. I traveled a lot on business when I was in. Mostly, did not even attempt to go to a KH. When I did I was generally ignored until I made the effort to talk to people, then things were OK. I think it is more to do with human beings, doing as humans do. There was never anything special about going to meet witnesses at their halls.

There was one congregation in Reno, Nevada (I live in Germany) where one brother was really nice and hospital, but thinking back now I really think he was a closet apostate. Unfortunately my business no longer takes me there.

So going back to the OP, people are the same the world over, except witnesses exclude everybody outside their cult. People are generally hospitable, but witness are not hospitable to non witnesses, and even witnesses are not as hospitable to other witnesses as other Christians are to other Christians.

• darkspilver
  • blondie
    blondie

We traveled a lot as jws for recreation. It was up for grabs, some congregations were friendly, some were not. We found unfriendly congregations when we traveled to other congregations for my husband to give the talk and others that were friendly. Just that same with other people the world over.

A CO visited a congregation before he started his tour in that circuit. No one knew them before hand, a real outsider; so when they came in they were ignored by everyone in the congregation before and after, so they went home. This was in the day the CO could pick the topic of the talk after the congregation book study at the KH. It was on hospitality and how he had been at the congregation the week before and no one welcomed them, that the attendants should have been welcoming everyone, new and old.....

• ssn587
    ssn587

Attended one in Ontario, CA we were completely ignored even after introducing ourselves it was like oh hi and that was it. All the warmth of a meat freezer.

• blondie
    blondie

We found the smaller the congregation the more likely we would be invited over for Sunday dinner. We found friendly jws, and friendly non-jws. The issue was not their religion as much as the region.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

JWs say they can go anywhere in the world and they " know" that they would be shown hospitality from their fellow brothers. Of all my years as a JW I found this wasn't the case. I honestly believe that if I turned up at any of my fellow apostates on here house and said hi I'm chook can we have a coffee, the response would be how many sugars.

When I was young and moved to different locations and different congregations not all in the same country, I would say that we were shown hospitality in the various congregations. I wouldn't say that this produced lots of friends, I have one or two.

To have coffee at my house would depend on whether the dog likes you

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: Tell me if I'm right or wrong.

A.: Yes, you are.

• millie210
    millie210

JWs have this impression that it would be that way.

Truth is, they cant even get along with one another in the local congregation.

Not that it makes them bad people, its hard for groups of people to get along for various reasons.

Its the bragging about love and the misplaced belief that they have this world wide unity that is harmful.

Harmful because it isnt true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit