Tell me if I'm right or wrong

by Chook 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• hoser
    hoser

Other clubs and religions say the same thing about extending hospitality to their members.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Yeah, your estimation of apostates is too high, as was the claim made by JWs.

• Chook
    Chook

I'm just a believer that hospitality says a lot about someone.

• dozy
    dozy

I always thought that kind of claim was always overrated , even when I was a JW - it's pretty much the same with any similar organisation - religious or otherwise. I used to work with a Rotarian ( member of the Rotary Club ) and his group was the same - he always used to bring back pictures of fellow members from his travels & spoke about the "worldwide family".

I also think the "hospitality" was sometimes abused. I live in a area popular with tourists from all over the world & we had lots of JWs contacting the congregation basically looking for free vacations & food. Several times we opened up our house to JW visitors with very mixed results - some were lovely , some not nice at all. One group of JW teenagers basically trashed the house & my wife & I decided we had had enough and wouldn't offer hospitality to any JW unless we knew them.

Eventually after several similar incidents and a general feeling that the hospitality of the congregation was being exploited , the congregation secretary decided to refer any requests from JW visitors to the local tourist board.

• smiddy
    smiddy

And would you like some cake with your coffee ?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You'd be welcome at my flat, Chook.

And you could have a coffee.

Just get me one while you're at it - milk, one sugar.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Its hardly surprising that when religious loonies meet they would greet fellow loonies who believe the same things.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You're welcome for coffee, Chook .

Among the dubs there is an urban myth that they belong to the most loving people in the world. When it comes to specifics they invariably believe that to be true.....it is just that their congregation still has a lot to work on in that regard..but it must be great elsewhere!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

LOTS of parasites in the jw's. We attracted at least three of them. One awful guy we just did shake off this past summer.

There were plenty of very nice people too. The earthshattering fact that my ego had a difficult time processing is: Nobody has the ability to look at a person and know if they are trustworthy or not. Intelligent people make that mistake all the time and then they're so surprised when they turn out to be wrong about someone.

So, not to hijack the topic - Just because someone was a member of a group doesn't mean they are vetted and safe to have in your home. Even tho lots of jw profess to believe that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit