Consolidation of Bethel Big-Wigs Now?

by The Fall Guy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

A reliable source has informed me that a Bethel contact has informed them that Paul Gillies - a London Branch Committee heavyweight - is moving to Warwick to join the legal department there. Anyone else aware of this?

During the recent court case in Russia, he posed for a photograph with the GB member and the rest of the WT A-Team.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well I have read that about half of the living facilities At Warwick are empty so there’s plenty of room.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't think they have enough money to complete Chelmsford. They'll probably close the Britain branch or replace it with a small office and rapture a select few ancient worthies to upstate New York.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

More rumblings of a muppet-shuffle?

What would a consolidation of big-wigs look like I wonder...a production of priscilla queen of the desert maybe?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Somebody told me, that someone told them, that....

• cha ching
    cha ching

Even tho WT is "downsizing" the 'thanks for your help we don't need you anymore class", I am wondering if the axe that lawyers hold over WT's head doesn't assure them a cozy retirement fort!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

He is the WT OSCE representative.

G.

• Listener
    Listener

From 12 years ago IT Support on this forum wrote -

• Paul Gilles went into London Bethel from high school. He was overseer of the Public Affairs department until the GB consigned it to the dust, although he still seems to be the Society's official spokesman in Britain. He is widely tipped as the next branch-committee-member-in-waiting. His wife Judith is Australian and used to pioneer is Papua New Guinea.

• This link from 6 years ago provides more info
      https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/218141/rise-rise-paul-gillies

It is interesting that the OP JWB suggested he might be moved to HQ, possibly as a GB member if he felt he might be anointed at a future time. According to the info he would be 63 years old now.

Even if he was given a position as a GB helper, it sounds more like a demotion from his current position. Maybe they can come up with a new title, no doubt the GB members have plenty of time on their hands these days to come up with one.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I past this on to his cousin who is a friend of mine. She is going to ask around the family.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Sounds like he is going there to "retire". It's the only type of paradise he's ever going to get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit