My dilemma

by Saltheart Foamfollower 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I have a bit of a dilemma that I would welcome advice on from the forum.

A brother in my congregation is giving evidence of having woken up - his comments and talks are usually slanted towards topics discussed here. He is a former elder and is part of a group of other former elders and ministerial servants who I regularly overhear using terms I would expect to hear from ones knowing TTAT. He is a quite an effective teacher and will probably influence some.

However, in the past he has caused lots of problems for myself and others who I like (including another poster to this site who I have identified) and continues to be someone who I dislike intensely on a personal level.

His comments have been noticed by the body of elders and he is being watched. So my dilemma is whether I should warn/help him or should I leave things alone or even try to expose him?

SF

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

That is a dilemma. What you want someone else to do it if was you?

Was he a jerk in the past because of being an uber-elder? That tends to happen when people really put on the "cult-like personality."

On the other hand, if he's caused "lots of problems" for you and your friends, you might just let it go and watch what happens. Karma's a bitch.

Maybe he wants to be outed by the elders.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

you need to give him our special secret handshake

• Landy
    Landy

Not a dilemma at all - you don't seem to like him, having a shared skeptiscm is hardly likely to make you bosom budddies. let him get on with his life and you do your own thng.

Confiding in him or trying to help him is only going to cause you problems.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    If he's been a git in the past, it could be that he becomes less so as he wakes up. The society breeds judgementalism, especially among appointed brothers. Is there not some way you can sound him out a bit without going too far and completely outing yourself?
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    (As a warning, using terms that relate to ttatt might not be an indicator of awakening, I know elders that read on here just to keep up to speed with what the nasty apostates are blithering on about. They must pick up on some of the terms.. )
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Go with your gut instinct. If you never liked him, you probably never will. Like someone said above..."karma is a bitch." Let it go and enjoy your life!
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

leave well enough alone. Nothing good will come out of you reaching out.

Now if he reached out for you, then you may have a dilemma.

• Giordano
    Giordano

He should be smart enough to know that it is his obedience that is required in the WTBT$. Should he go off message he will be censored or worse.

Since You dislike him...............respect how you feel about him.

• talesin
    talesin

I'd say 'trust your gut'.

If you really feel like reaching out, you could just say "I really enjoyed your talk" ......... if he is awake to TTATT, that should be enough to connect. On the other hand, if he is casting out lures to catch apostate thinkers, he can't fault you for the compliment.

Just a thought. Stay safe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit