CO visit... Circuit is not growing at all, he said during midweek meeting

by StarTrekAngel 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• karter
    karter

It also means the quality of elders and m s's is likely to go down even further. Karter

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yet the society would boast about the growth in numbers as "proof of god's blessing"

So what does a stagnating or decrease prove then hey??

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You just cant sell bullshit like you used, the general public is more informed about fear mongering apocalyptic cults, even ones with a publishing house operating at its core.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

This is a younger guy. Late 30, may be early 40s. He has taken the change on every visit so far to remind us all that we do not go to college. He even layed out the map. High school and after that is either a 1 or 2 year vocational school or go directly to full time service. That is the life of a true god servant. Said it in his last two visits as well as in the last assembly.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

StarTrekAngel - "CO visit... circuit is not growing at all, he said during midweek meeting..."

Since constant growth has always been touted as a barometer of God's blessing, the guy's an idiot for even hinting at it, IMO.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

They are talking so much Bull Sh--t, don't know whether to offer some CO's a breath mint or toilet paper.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    of course they ignore entirely that Seventh Day Adventists ,Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints ,both of which have far more practising members than the JW`s do

Please be aware that SDA /LDS have a different way of counting active members. Probably a more even way of comparing JWs to the other 2 denominations would be to use the memorial attendance which would probably show similar membership figures. I think SDA has around 20 million members world wide. I know for example there are around the same amount of people who identified as SDA as JW in the national census of the country I live in, but if you were to look at official Wt publications it's no where near the census.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I asked a JW on a literature cart in Edinburgh why growth has stopped in the western world. He said it was a sign that they were so close to the end.

I told him that in my day increase was a sign we were so close to the end.

Yes... they used to tell us "Jehovah is speeding up the work" and there is a "great ingathering" taking place (applause applause )

• Listener
    Listener

This is the claim mad in the November 2016 Watchtower mag -

"We live in exciting times. The earth-

ly part of Jehovah’s organization is

growing in many ways, but growth ne-

cessitates change."

Unfortunately for them the growth isn't in numbers.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Someone post a while back that the circuits out by Seattle are either loosing a half dozen every assembly or every year. Either way that's a pretty good amount.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit