THE GOVERNING BODY EXPOSED

by bj 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello BJ,

A good post…something to ponder about:

"Through the ages the lavish wealth of religion that profess Christianity has disturbed many people. Popes, bishops, and other religious dignitaries have lived in splendor supported by their flocks, many of whom have existed in poverty. The situation has not changed in modern times." - Awake! October 22, 1988, p. 31. (see also Awake! October 22, 1982, p. 30) Far from it. But what is funny, those who are here pointing their fingers towards others, are not better themselves than the rest, (John 8:7)"

and also

"When professed Christian leaders adopt opulent life-styles, might it not make others wonder about their credentials as Christ's true followers?" Awake! October 22, 1988, p. 31".

And I do really like the quote:
    "On the other hand, loyal servants, such as Adams Akuetteh, from Ghana, naively, spend four years while the Ghana Branch office was being constructed, every morning collecting stray nails. The project overseer, told him that his work was saving the Society money, Jehovah's money. With joy he recycled nails to sav'e money for Jehovah! (Awake! May 22, 1992, p. 31)"

Thanks, and agape J.C. MacHislopp

• teejay
    teejay

bj

nice post, bj.

Kinda makes me sick, to think of all the money I spent in contributions, car
    expenses (field service), book and magazine purchases, etcetera, etcetera,
    etcetera while the leaders lived like kings. I wonder: do they still live like this?

• metatron
    metatron

Some folks were shocked by the opulence of Judah Ben's
    wedding, years back. Involved a yacht, I think

metatron

• Flip
    Flip
    Some folks were shocked by the opulence of Judah Ben's
    wedding, years back. Involved a yacht, I think

Now that's what I call a really wierd relationship.

Flip

• xcham
    xcham

Hi,

I'm new on this site, i'm from Belgium and i find the article about the jw's leaders very interesting !

• TopHat
    TopHat

Where did you find this information BJ?

• Calebs Airplane
  • *lost*
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

Eh. This is probably the #546th most scandalous thing I've ever read.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Very interesting. 12 years later, I do not think the situation has not improved or become better.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit