Scientology loses Tax Exempt status in Netherlands!

by talesin 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

The Hague Court has made this ruling ......... I searched, and no topic showed up, so hope this is not 'old news'.

If a cult loses its tax-free status, does anybody care?

Well, YEAH! *pumps fist in the air*

It's about time. Thanks to the Netherlands for getting this ball rolling! One more thing to admire, wow.

http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/10/22/hague-court-deals-blow-to-scientology-tax-free-status/

The Dutch branch of the Church of Scientology has lost its tax status as “public welfare institution”, and the tax benefits that go along with it, in a ruling made by the court in The Hague on Wednesday.
    The court decided that the sales of the Church’s expensive courses and therapy sessions are clearly aimed at making a profit, and thus it does not belong on the tax authorities’ charity list.

Would love to see the WTS be scrutinized by the Hague Court.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Hope the Netherlands review the WT 'property flipping' they do, re-building with free labor & additional donations, merging congregations while they 'up-sell,' merge and rebuild. Maybe some governments are questioning and why the WT organization have put on a freeze on so much right now?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'm not surprised that this sort of thing is happening in Europe first; they've always kinda led the pack that way.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Scientology loses tax exempt status in Netherlands, WOW, I hope this opens the floodgates to tax religion. About friggen time!!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Woohoo, just found this thread Talesin (whilst looking at some of your posts about your parents)I had no idea...

This is big news, they will appeal of course but hopefully if it sticks it will open the floodgates.

Really if the WT is so callous with their own elderly & sick, are they gonna care or do anything charitable for the community?Pushing your own agenda with mags does not count!

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    No doubt the little shrimp meglomaniac, David Miscavige is blaming it on Supressive Persons and punishing a few of his minions with a healthy dose of torture.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I wonder if Scientology's use of the word "suppressive" is darkly ironic on purpose.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

Ah....I love the Dutch. But I did work for a Dutch Supervisor a long time ago. We really never got along. It started over an argument about his wooden shoes. He threatened to fire me after that. But, things slowed down and we were both laid off at the same time. I can still remember him walking away into the Subway. Click, click,click, click, Whooosh

Good for the Dutch for booting those Scientologists

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

This is ridiculous!

Scientology is not a dogmatic religion in which one is asked to accept anything on faith alone. The ultimate goal of Scientology is true spiritual enlightenment and freedom for all.

It's persecution.

• millie210
    millie210
    nicolaou, your post sounds like the JW reply to the Australians :smile:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit