God is Real in Principle

by looter 251 Replies latest jw friends

• Landy
    Landy
    Your absolutely right..
    I had this same conversation with a buddy of mine..
    A retired English Teacher with a Masters in Linguistics

Maybe you should ask him the difference between 'your' and 'you're' then.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    I at least tried to make it coherent even though I'm not too good at that anyway. It's clear to me that you just don't understand which is okay but don't say I've failed when some people have got what I said and if I were to put my main point out in just a few short sentences, you and others most likely would have reacted strongly based on your past discussions. Most probably wouldn't have given me a chance to even plead my case. - looter

I comprehend everything you have written. I think your literacy skills are better than mine and you're only 18 and I am 43. Some people like Cofty, are very intelligent in a lot of ways, but may not understand you because they are less able to see your perspective as they have their own perspective they are happy with.

Looter you haven't failed at all. I am very impressed you are ale to debate with someone who has 7 years experience debating compared to you. On the other hand perhaps you've been debating with your dad for many years.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Utter bollocks. Who is this strawman exactly? Compassion is entirely rational. There are so many canards about atheism in your posts it almost reads like satire. - Cofty

You an atheist, saying this to a boy who is 18, living with a father who is trying to control him. Is this what you view as compassion? If you talked to my 23 yr old daughter this way I would not find you compassionate. And yes I am being a growly momma bear. I don't know how old your kids are but I bet you wouldn't treat them like this if they believed in God, but if you do that's a problem right there don't you think?

Stop trying to convert looter and leave him alone now. He has other more important things to do with his life.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    kate: Some people like Cofty, are very intelligent in a lot of ways, but may not understand you because they are less able to see your perspective as they have their own perspective they are happy with.

That is a condescending statement

Insulting, in fact

• Saename
    Saename

OrphanCrow - That is a condescending statement

Insulting, in fact

I'm also an atheist, and I agree with cofty on a lot of points. However, I don't think what Kate said is insulting. The suggestion that we can't understand looter because of a different perspective may not be entirely the case, but it certainly is a possibility.

• KateWild
    KateWild

OrphanCrow,

I still have time to edit it, what do you suggest I write exactly so it's not insulting and looter knows what I mean?

Type it out, I will cut an paste it. Then you can edit your post.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Um...maybe not make references to other people's 'intelligence'? And pass judgement on those observations?

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Um...maybe not make references to other people's 'intelligence'? And pass judgement on those observations? -orphan

You did not really respond. You think I am using insulting language and you don't think Cofty is. Look at everything him and Outlaw have said on this thread.

If you have a new phrase you want me to use, I will cut and paste it if I have time before the edit goes off. If you don't write me a new phrase to use then I will leave it as it is. I am happy to edit or retract anything posters find inappropriate if I think they are being reasonable.

Oops out of time to edit. So I will just apologise for being insulting. I am sorry for insulting Cofty.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

God(s) is an ideological concept established solely and contained in the human imagination.

In other words we make up are gods to be beneficially good or potentially bad for us explaining why and how or for what reason .

Most envisioned gods throughout human history came through ignorance of the world and universe in which we live in.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    You think I am using insulting language and you don't think Cofty is

Excuse me?

Are you a mind reader? Is this thread about physic abilities? Sorry...I shouldn't be here. I don't discuss mind reading abilities

Carry on...my mistake

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit