God is Real in Principle

by looter 251 Replies latest jw friends

• Saename
    Saename
    Saename - If some people believe that, that's fine. I don't mind. I used to believe that myself. I just came to the conclusion that there's no need for me to have faith in an unfalsifiable claim.

The above is directed at looter. I'm clarifying this because I noticed that rebelfighter posted something as well, so I want to avoid confusion...

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Vivian,

Christians have choices, we as a human race are not robots we can choice what we believe. So if we choice to believe in a religion we can pick one that best fits our belifs.

Some of us even believe in God and do not believe in the Bible.

• looter
    looter

Hope some of these people wake up, atomant, and pray to God now. That's a bad way of life to live hating believers because of your own stubbornness to not give credence to God.

• looter
    looter

I'm glad you made the decision for yourself and no one else. The problem with it sometimes is that if an atheist has been abused when he used to believe in God, he is trying to help those you currently have faith. Unfortunately, he has to realize that not everyone needs the 'help' against God and that it works for people, Saename. Sometimes it stems from genuine help but other times it is from just plain bitterness

• atomant
    atomant

Yes looter l have great difficulty trying to understand how ex believers can so quickly turn their backs on god and outright deny gods existence.

• A Ha
    A Ha
    Yes looter l have great difficulty trying to understand how ex believers can so quickly turn their backs on god and outright deny gods existence.

Think about how this would sound coming from a JW. "I have great difficulty trying to understand how ex believers can so quickly turn their backs on God's One True Organization and outright deny The Truth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hope some of these people wake up, atomant, and pray to God now.....Looter

Image result for Good luck with that..Image result for God Watching TV

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

By the way, I think you may have to understand that being knowledgeable does not mean that you have to use big words.

This is what I've been taught by English teachers all my life. If you're knowledgeable and wise, then you will actually avoid big words to ensure that the meaning of the message is not lost in the readers' minds......Saename

Your absolutely right..

I had this same conversation with a buddy of mine..

A retired English Teacher with a Masters in Linguistics..

• cofty
    cofty
    lm certain many unbelievers in here will silently turn to god on their death bed and pray for forgiveness just in case.Cofty might even be one of them. - atomat

There is not even a remote possibility of that happening. I have faced the prospect of death more than once in recent years and the idea of appealing to a deity did not even cross my mind.

All I am saying is you need to qualify your statement - Rebelfighter

No I don't. The context is the consequences of belief in an absolute standard of morality. I cited three good examples that represent millions of christians.

if we choice to believe in a religion we can pick one that best fits our belifs. - Rebelfighter

How about just choosing to follow the evidence?

That's a bad way of life to live hating believers because of your own stubbornness to not give credence to God. - Looter

I don't know of any atheists who hate believers. That's just your silly persecution complex.

l have great difficulty trying to understand how ex believers can so quickly turn their backs on god and outright deny gods existence. - automant

It's easy. Follow the evidence.

• atomant
    atomant

Aha.Thank god lm not a jw or x jw .l was never foolish enough to fall for their crapology even though l was raised in the crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit