This is Just getting Ridiculous and out of hand with the Borg

by MrsR-Awaken 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I prefer "Keep calm and TTATT on." :smirk:
  • Spiral
    Spiral
    I think some JWs felt emotionally left out in the last decade ..... look at what the fundy evangelical super TV church congregations get to do! We want to do that too! Now they are getting their wish. Just what I am seeing here locally - a very specific (READ: needy) mindset. But here that's almost all that's left in the congregation.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Aren`t their copyright laws against this sort of thing ? unless of course the W.T. has sanctioned this for a cut of the profits.

Lets face it , 8 million J.W.`s plus their relatives who are fringe dwellers , those that only attend the memorial once a year , another 10 million or so , a cut of the profits is not a bad business tactic.

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

From JWTalk, Some of the R&F are not too pleased with this 'idol worship'.

I preach on twitter. Many apostates have posted that we have made our own idols - Watchtower jewelry/ pins, etc... They have a picture of a cross on a chain next to a lapel pin and ask, "what's the difference"? I didn't believe them about Watchtower jewelry or pins. I do now and I am shocked.
    Just know that apostates are watching and are using our use of such things against us.

YS-Ann
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    JW.Organs
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

How sad you are, promoting your believe this way.

Reminds me of a local JW here who had the no blood sign printed on the front window of his car.

When he drove arround the corner a big no blood sign was aproaching you. )):

• freddo
    freddo

Even here in the U.K. the lapel badges are making a limited appearance. I expect it among the gushy teenage gurlies and their iphones - but I visited a nearby hall last weekend and there was a brother in his mid-thirties with a flashy jworgasm broach in his suit jacket lapel.

Facepalm!

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree
    Not only is it obvious idolatry of the JW . org but it's flipping ugly and pure tack! Surely JW's don't buy those things? They are vile!!
  • Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Don't be ridiculous. Your confusing advertising with veneration. Geesh.
  • tiki
    tiki
    Its hard to believe this is the religion I grew up in. These things would never have been tolerated. They've turned into quite a hypocritical lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit