This is Just getting Ridiculous and out of hand with the Borg

by MrsR-Awaken 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah the miracle and magical money maker.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Ironic. I remember once, about 20 years ago, the JW manager of my apartment complex flying a made to order flag that had a lighthouse (closest thing to a watchtower) beaming a shaft of light on a tiny cottage (Her home?).

Most of the JWs in that apartment complex are or were JWs. It was taken down shortly. Me thinks it was an elder counseling her not to engage in borderline idolatry.

• User99
    User99
    Earlier this week I saw a pickup truck with a JW.org sign. I think it was a magnetic removable sign. It took up about 1/4 of the back lift gate and said something about calling for a free home Bible study. I was in traffic so I didn't get a picture. Palm Beach County, FL.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    This paraphernalia engenders an emotional response for most of us. But something to focus on that may bring some solace, is that a lot of active JWs are waking up to the mind numbing robotic sleep they are in because of it. Even if only one person wakes up at the hands of Watchtower's own expansion chart, its a victory.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Also, I would venture to guess that "Morgan Sparlock" is an ExJW stirring the pot. Poe' Law in action.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Keep Calm and Carry On was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 in preparation for the Second World War. The poster was intended to raise the morale of the British public, threatened with widely predicted mass air attacks on major cities.[1][2] Although 2.45 million copies were printed, and although the Blitz did in fact take place, the poster was hardly ever publicly displayed and was little known until a copy was rediscovered in 2000 at Barter Books, a bookshop in Alnwick. It has since been re-issued by a number of private companies, and has been used as the decorative theme for a range of products.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Years ago in the late 80's early 90's there was a dust-up over the WT logo being on the front of speaker stands in the congregation and at the Assembly Halls. It was sort of major because a number of us elders were upset at having the equivalent of a cross on the speaker's stand, it was the same thing we thought. We didn't represent WT so we didn't think it right for it to be there. Word came down from on high that logos were out. I think there was a letter to the BOE but can't remember. It wasn't a local thing though as I recall.
  • talesin
    talesin

On her facebook page (Dee Dee's Creations), there'a a pic of the package (as in the OP) with her comment as follows:

Order done for one sister!

Sounds like a JW to me.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

OK Brothers and Sisters but where's my cut of the green ?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Idol worship, at it's best!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit