Unbelievable Amount of PIMOS at Massachusetts JW Convention

by RESPECTFUL OBSERVER 17 Replies latest jw friends

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Vidiot

This may be off topic on this thread but I thank God for people like Alex Jones and PrisonPlanet for some of the information I have received from some of his work. Some stuff that I have learned from him I will hear through mainstream outlets YEARS later.

Do I believe EVERYTHING that comes out of his mouth? No. Like everything else I try to corroborate and bring things together. I also don't listen to his show religiously every day like some and a lot of times he seems unhinged but he knows more than a lot of people give him credit for.

I would trust him more than I would mainstream and cable news networks.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It’s the over-the-top scream-yourself-hoarse ranting that turns me off.

I used to love reading Infowars…

…when I was reading it…

…imagining the information being presented in a calm, concerned Ted-Koppel-like tone (also, because I was still in at the time, but looking for reasons that the Org could still somehow be right, and a lot of early 00’s conspiracy theory could easily be retconned into WT eschatology).

Then I finally got around to watching one of Jones’s videos, and realized, “holy shit, this guy’s a fucking loon”.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Something I just thought of regarding the JWs that Rick mentioned were smiling and giving thumbs-ups…

… I’m actually inclined to believe it.

Remember when there used to be a kind of implication that hidden “sins” would somehow semi-miraculously make themselves known (ostensibly to “encourage” the sinner to get ahead of it and confess, lest it go worse for them)?

I suspect more and more still-ins (PIMO or otherwise) are realizing that that just ain’t so…

…so they got a lot less to be afraid of.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You wonder how lifers and hardcore JWs are going to behave if things keep going as they are?

That very though should be sobering.

A lot of JWs are still "numb" and cant think for themselves. NO critical thinking skills mindset,,at all.

Bearing that in mind. About following instructions whether or not they seem "strategic" from a human standpoint or not. That's just chilling.

Considering hardcore,loyal JWs swallow everything as the Borg dictates.

Makes one wonder. Scarey in a way.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

A JW gave me the zoom details for the memorial this year and so I tune into the meeting incognito for a few mins once in a while .

Tonights mid-week had 50 on zoom and only 3 with their cameras on. Worse than last time I checked.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

As far as the nice cars, many, many witnesses have let their kids go to college over the years and many are doing relatively well as a result.

Sure, there are some tradespeople, but hard working people can be brutally honest and have strong family ties, many tradespeople have also gotten politically activated against the COVID BS and the demanded shots from the Borg would have turned many of them. Those are the ‘high profile’ cases where entire families end up leaving the borg because the patriarch woke up.

To remain gullible or deceptive enough to stay, you need a non-STEM higher education and work in HR, business administration or other such non-operational jobs that keeps people isolated from strong family ties, ‘worldly’ community involvement and get shielded from any information that would challenge their world view.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Jeezus… talk about a recipe for dysfunction.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANONY MOUS:

Yes, I saw towards my later years in the religion that certain JWs sent their children to college. Certainly that was a wise choice.

I also saw that over time the attitude towards women getting secular work got somewhat better - as some in the hall also went out and got jobs. I was glad of that but still felt somewhat resentful because I ‘blazed the trail’ so to speak. None of these people faced the horrible attitudes from ‘Stepford-like women and men’ I encountered as a young adult when I joined.

I do think the Witness religion in general is fearful of any members getting outside influence. Although, I do think that your last paragraph is a generalization and not a guarantee that all people who pursue that type of education would remain ‘gullible enough to stay’. I think when people are fed up that’s it.

Of course, I don’t fit in these categories because I wasn’t raised a JW. I already had a secular job when I came in - which I held onto until retirement. So, I was always on the ‘outs’. But, that’s the way it is there. I’m just thankful I never listened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit