Sanctimonious, "WE'RE Thankful EVERY day."

by stillin 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

the cross is wrong cause its pagan WTF weren't the romans pagans do you think they would have any reservations about using a cross there are so many the purpose of which I believe was to isolate us from the community since they could not put us in concentration camps like Bethel to control us bit extreme read the experiences of those who lived there two classes guards and inmates

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember those kind of responses, i used to parrot them myself:

MOTHERS DAY - We treat out mothers nice every day

FATHERS DAY - We treat out fathers nice every day

CHRISTMAS - [cue boring JW explanation of it's origin] then we have random surprise days which mean more.

In reality:

MOTHERS DAY - never treated my mother any better than any other religion did any day of the week.

FATHERS DAY - as above

CHRISTMAS - i remember having 2 (count em,) TWO "surprise days" in the 31 years i was a Jdub. Not that im bitter or anything but we used to claim we had these special days all the time.

Basically, anything involving joy and laughter is not allowed in this religion.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

All of Job's children had special days that they celebrated.....wait a minute...maybe THAT'S why Jeehippity-hop killed them all?!?!??

Jeehippity-hop HATES PARTIES!!! 🎉🎉🎉😤😤😤😤😡😡😡😡😡

DD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Happy Thanksgiving to all. How happy we are not under the control of the Borg any more. Everyone have a great day and enjoy yourselves. Still Totally ADD

• Island Man
    Island Man
    millie210: If a special day of remembrance is wrong, then why go on and on about Memorial?

Exactly the point I was about to make! The JW religion is fraught with inconsistency and hypocrisy.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

How many JWs are having family gatherings with Ham or Turkey today?

MANY MANY MANY!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWs face another quandry with regards to the WT's stance on holidays, etc...

...they're kind of compelled to give all these "soft" (and, let's be honest, pretty lame) explanations of why they view their abstention from "worldy" events as necessary, because most realize that if they were to thoroughly parrot the full reasons that the Org prohibits them, they'll offend a significant number of people and make the WTS look like assholes.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't celebrate it......it's not big here in the UK! However, I am a fan of the bogey man.

Anything that is good fun, the watchtower dislikes. Perhaps the GB think the money spent on these things would be better spent on them.

What is there that the WBT$ ACTUALLY approves of?

• mrquik
    mrquik

As an elder, I took my wife & kids out on Thanksgiving. A number of restaurants had great Thanksgiving Day dinners. My wife was happy not to cook & clean. We had a don't ask; don't tell policy at our hall. Nobody ever called me on it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...they'll offend a significant number of people and make the WTS look like assholes."

Here's a thought...

...if deep down, you're worried that your religious actions and beliefs will make people think you're an asshole...

...your religion is an asshole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit