I miss this from A$$€mb£i€$

by punkofnice 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We had doughnuts 'darn sarf' as well. There was a Borther(tm) that was a baker by trade. Sensational doughnuts!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

going back to Murrayfield '65--as i said we all slept in hired tents--about 6(?) to a tent. We had to take our own sleeping bags. One morning i woke up to find the guy in the next sleeping bag had got a girl in with him. Lucky bugger.

One afternoon several of us had gone on a pub crawl in Edinburgh city center. I can recall several of us taking a leak from the footbridge in the park onto the train running underneath. I cant remember what that park was called--Waverly ?-next to the castle. (edit--Princes street gardens)

What a fine example of young JWs we were.

• TD
    TD

This is the brand you're talking about, right?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

TD

Oh, yes indeed!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Too bad we never had those in USA or Canada.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

One of the questions after an A$$€mb£y was, 'did you get any Hellas bars?'

A much better question than, 'what crap were they spouting from the pratform?'

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

The ONLY worthy thing about CAs and DCs/RCs/ICs I miss is THE FOOD WT, through other contracted companies, provided back in the day when they had dubs and non-members purchase tickets. The frozen puddings (any flavor), hoagies, and hamburgers were my favs. It's a shame that WT eradicated this arrangement. They've made it harder and more cumbersome for families-- especially the ones who had to make their meals--to deal with all of that. Makes a person wonder if the leadership wanted to make things difficult for the membership anyways! 😖😫

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

HiddlesWife: In the early 1990s I believe the Borg got "spooked"" as a religious organization existing as a tax-free entity that would charge a "monetary" fee for anything ...including food or literature. David A Reed has a book outlining that. Secondly......yeah...they rolled-out the donation $ystem in the early 1990s.....might have realized the sheeple were too comfortable.....scrapped the food arrangement & making it more cumbersome and difficult for the sheeple and families

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit