Life is changing for me: no pioneering, got a job!

by Skepsis 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Welcome to Planet Earth.

We hope you become familiar with our customs.

(BTW, are you a Dark Crystal fan?)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Skepsis...

Welcome to real life.

• freddo
    freddo

@Awakened now

In answer to your question as to whether I regularly attend. About one meeting in three. My family know how I feel and various ones react in different ways. I am completely mentally free and they know it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Okay, that was weird.

A not-double post.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@Skepsis: education: good, job:good, future move for new job:good

don't look back (too much) congratulations...

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Thank you for all your responses!

A quick update: I have still not been removed officially from regular pioneering. They called me a couple of times since I spoke with that elder and finally had to say to them: 'Ok, from next month I will report considerably lower hours in the ministry, you'll know what to do'.

Don't know if that's normal or they're overzealous on this. My decisition is meditated and repeated to all the elders.

I also told them I want to be in the JW cart less days. I suggested that since I'm now a publisher, I could do it once a month but still have to wait to the new arrangement on paper. They told me if I could do as until now but answered them I can't. I'm not a regular pioneer any more so not in need to spend all weekends in the carts.

I'm also planning on losing some weekend meetings to go to the countryside and other activities. I didn't go to a meeting last week and a sister told me by Facebook openly that it was not good to lose a meeting since I have so many responsibilities in the congregation and that she needed a territory and I wasn't there.

They don't have a respect for private life! Don't know how things will evolve.

• Landy
    Landy

Just keep doing less and less and keep your mouth shut. Make excuses, be non specific, prevaricate.

they'll soon tire of it.

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Hi Landy,

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do. I told elders only some days before that I was spending the weekend out of town insted of asking if that was possible as I used to do. Yes, I was very theocratical if that term exists.

• Landy
    Landy

I wouldn't even say there's a need to specifically step down from being an MS. Just keep refusing responsibilties/talks due to 'other commitments', start missing meetings and they'll remove you.

There's a lot of talk on here about people being DF'd for not going anymore but it only happens when they open their mouths. It really is a case of loose lips sink ships.

I stopped going over twenty years ago now; I didn't get DF'd, my wife didn't get DF'd, about 80% of those I grew up with have stopped going now and I can only think of one that got DF'd.

Saying that, I don't know of anyone that got DF'd for apostasy 20 years ago; now I would imagine it's probably the most common cause.

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

A quick update to this thread.

Now I'm not assigned to conduct any meeting for field circus for "being too busy". I'm not stepping down as MS for now, but I'm losing some meetings without their permission. This week I'm not attending to the two meetings (got too much stressed yesterday with the Memorial), next month I'll have a free whole week abroad for working reasons and a wedding another weekend.

I'm not giving any reason and I'm not asking for permission, just notifying as a fact.

Let's see what happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit