What is Truth?

by Sea Breeze 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Same here, I think that a Preacher/Teacher/Rabbi whatever, called Jesus of Nazareth without doubt existed, otherwise why would the writer of the Gospel of Luke have to invent the story of his being born in Bethlehem because of a fictional Census ? If he was making up his story, just say he was born in Bethlehem, but no, people knew he was "of Nazareth", hence the story, so those people that knew he existed would have a reason to believe his birth took place in Bethlehem.

I think Sea breeze above misunderstood what I meant, I said all we knew about Jesus was Fiction, and that is correct, but not all the content of Fictional stories is "false", they quite often contain accurate sections on various events and conversations, so some of the content of the Gospels may be of that nature, but none of it can be claimed as truth, in the sense I am using the word, for lack of corroborating Evidence.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Truth is something that is open to change or be accepted as information is gathered that pertains toward the subject at hand.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sea Breeze - "What is Truth?"

"...Baby, don't ask me... don't ask me... don't know..."

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Truth is---a 5 letter word! Saying anything more about it is subject to opinion, bias, and education. And that's the TRUTH!

just saying!

• cofty
    cofty

I disagree with your postmodern epistemological skepticism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit