Paradise Earth

by Jeff1 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeff1
    Jeff1

Hello !

Just recently I was looking at a topic on jwfacts entitled 'Paradise on Earth forever.' From the research Paul did on this topic he mentioned that there is no biblical evidence of an earthly resurrection. I haven't heard this before but wanted to get some thoughts on this topic. Here is the link : https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/earth-forever.php

I'm currently doing research and it seems odd that Isaiah had a prophecy that clearly sounds as if there would be a Paradise earth in Isaiah 11:6-9 and also in Revelation 21:3,4.

If by some chance that there isn't a resurrection hope, by this articles findings, then I have two questions to pose :

1) If we aren't designed to live forever on this Earth why didn't God just create us in heaven in the first place?

2) Since the 144,000 are the only ones who will have a "resurrection" (to heaven) what hope do any of us have that are not anointed?

For the second question, it seems to me that there is no reason to continue serving God if you're not anointed because when you die nothing comes after and even if you are one of the few that live through armageddon, you'll eventually die anyway!

In that case, it seems that you might as well just live life for yourself. You can see how that is very disappointing right?
    As I stated earlier I wanted to get thoughts from other people on this article. I'm not stating that either side is true or false as the information from the Bible itself should be able prove what is true.
    I hope that everything I have written is clearly understood and would be happy to make corrections if I wrote down something wrong.
  • waton
    waton

Jef, there is no way, that with perfection, when all past humans, billions will be resurrected, the population density will be like this. with children being born to Armageddon survivors on top. With the real crowds, Where would we build our beloved airports?

Eternal life is a long time, the earth will be burned up when the Sun becomes a red giant and engulfs it, a mere 5 billion years from now, still an eternity short of eternity.

If there is a future, continued or renewed life, leave that up to the one who could supply it, not wt, who like all religions have lost all credibility, starting with their sacred scriptures, that show no mark of verified truths.

Make sure you live well now , be a giver, a liver.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The great crowd are in heaven, as the Bible plainly states, it is not just the 144,000. This doesn’t do away with the ressurection hope.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome Jeff1 to play the devils advocate here, Jehovah`s Witnesses show that the bible clearly shows Adam and Eve being created in a garden of Eden a Paradise .

Their have also been some resurrections or implied in both the Hebrew and Christian Greek Scriptures .

And then there is the book of revelation that speaks about a new heavens and a new Earth which could also imply a new paradise Eden.

Some Resurrections that happened in scripture dealt with being resurrected back to life on earth.

Lazarus for one ,another one in Isaiah ? and i`m sure there are one or two more somewhere .?

However some resurrections in scripture also deal with a heavenly experience and not an earthly one.

Being" changed in a twinkling of an eye" for example .in the New testament

maybe Jehovah was hedging his bets "six of one & half a dozen of the other "

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    If we aren't designed to live forever on this Earth why didn't God just create us in heaven in the first place?

Welcome Jeff1. That's a good question. The next question should be, are we designed?

Since the 144,000 are the only ones who will have a "resurrection" (to heaven) what hope do any of us have that are not anointed?

As you say why continue serving God if we're just going to die? Yes I agree it is disappointing, that's a huge understatement! One that all of us here have had to deal with.

The thing is about reality Jeff is that it just is. Humans have found many ways to deal with it. Live your life to the full. Find ways to make it fulfilling. Art, music, travel, helping others.

Good to see you here.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

In John 5 Jesus said,

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment.

According to scripture, the saints will reign on the earth during the millennium with Christ. They will reign over the nations, those raised in the resurrection of the unjust, with a rod of iron. There will be a new heaven and a new earth and God's heaven will unite with the renewed earth and the nations shall flow into it.

I believe that the 144,000 is symbolic for the entire church of God. John hears the number and then turns to see a great multitude of those justified by the blood of Christ. This hearing and then seeing is a common literary device John uses in Revelation to display the images he presents.

Yes there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Christ paid for the sins of all mankind...so we can have a resurrection hope for the just and the unjust as Paul did.

Hope this helps.

• waton
    waton
    V7 :According to scripture, the saints will reign on the earth during the millennium with Christ.,

Yeah, and New Jerusalem will descend from heaven, supposedly down to Earth. all nice details, all based on the talking snake story, original sin, bloody sacrifices, and the spinnig of the spinoff, on and on.

has it occurred to you that the bible is right when it says " all is very good" without those unscientific added miracle fantasy?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Have you considered that any “hope” you have suggested is from an ancient book that espouses several/many things that have been scientifically proven to be impossibilities? Creation account. Global flood.

If you excuse these things (and any other inexplicable Biblical stories) simply as “miracles” from God then there is no need to explore a scientific or reasonable explanation for ANYTHING in the book. If blind faith credulity gives you a warm & fuzzy better life, then “just do it”. You may not be able to accept the true alternative.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Early Christians believed a lot of different things about the kingdom and what that involved. 'Matthew' refers to a 'recreation' on earth and 'John' talks about rooms in heaven apparently and the church father Papias tells this story about Jesus predicting grape vines growing thousands of grapes a cluster and Judas scoffing at that; but in the Goapel of Judas Jesus shows Judas a grand home in heaven 'reserved for the holy.' The Asian elders like John and Aristion taught some Christians got paradise, some got New Jerusalem, and others got heaven. 'John' in Revelation predicts an earthly paradise, centered about New Jerusalem, and the 'heretic' Cerinthus predicted the same basic thing except with lots of sex and animal sacrifice.

The point being: early Christians predicted lots of different things.

Guess what? None of it came true. None of it will ever come true.

In the gospel of Thomas the disciples ask Jesus when the kingdom's gonna come, and he replies, the kingdom is spread out across the earth already.

Open your front door. Welcome to paradise. Go listen to the birds sing and watch the sunrise, dip your hand in a stream, savor a good cup of coffee, hold someone you love. There aint nothing better to look forward to.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has said that one reason not to believe the trinity is that the word itself does not occur in the bible.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1991804#h=41:246-67:368

We invite you to search the Bible, especially the 27 books of the Christian Greek Scriptures, to see for yourself if Jesus and his disciples taught a Trinity. As you search, ask yourself:

1. Can I find any scripture that mentions “Trinity”?

2. Can I find any scripture that says that God is made up of three distinct persons, Father, Son, and holy spirit, but that the three are only one God?

3. Can I find any scripture that says that the Father, Son, and holy spirit are equal in all ways, such as in eternity, power, position, and wisdom?

Search as you may, you will not find one scripture that uses the word Trinity, nor will you find any that says that Father, Son, and holy spirit are equal in all ways, such as in eternity, power, position, and wisdom. Not even a single scripture says that the Son is equal to the Father in those ways​—and if there were such a scripture, it would establish not a Trinity but at most a “duality.” Nowhere does the Bible equate the holy spirit with the Father.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989302#h=8:0-26:163

A PROTESTANT publication states: “The word Trinity is not found in the Bible . . . It did not find a place formally in the theology of the church till the 4th century.” (The Illustrated Bible Dictionary) And a Catholic authority says that the Trinity “is not . . . directly and immediately [the] word of God.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1987441#h=3:268-3:409

Yet The New Encyclopædia Britannica (1981) says: “Neither the word Trinity, nor the explicit doctrine as such, appears in the New Testament.”

(have you ever searched the bible for the phrase, paradise earth)?

If the reasoning used by the WTS that the trinity is not a Christian teaching, then we could say that the phrase, paradise earth cannot be a Christian teaching. (try searching for it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit