Question for PIMOS but all welcome

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Last time we were at a function that included some JDubs, someone said to me, "I understand you've been missing meetings.....". I replied, "I assure you that you are misinformed. I haven't missed any of the meetings!"

My best (only) JW friend is PIMO. He has encouraged us to "fake it" too. We considered it (because it truly is difficult to lose all of your longtime "friends") but we just cannot/will not do it. I think I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out than to have to sit through 2 hours of that tripe again.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I honestly think you are all very brave and special people. I also worry about the consequences to your mental health if required to live life like an undercover spy in Russia or N.Korea.

I can’t reiterate enough, it feels incredible to simply leave and it’s as simple as leaving! You just stop going and you decline to talk about it with anyone.

Your only regret will be not doing it earlier. I’d you have loved ones in the JW’s....don’t think how the GB want you to.... see it for the reality it is. YOU are the one that opened the door first, YOU let the fresh air blow in to your family. YOU were the brave one that acted first BECAUSE you loved your family. YOU become the beacon that loved ones turn to when they become brave enough to question. All you have to do is stop going and stop talking to the JW authorities. Within a few years you will be so forgotten about you can live a normal life.

For those that feel they can’t leave. My heart goes out to you. It really does. If you watch documentaries of dangerous cults, you find yourself screaming at the tv.... “why didn’t you leave at that point?” .... “why didn’t you get out and drag your family with you?” .... “you can just leave! So go, get out and take your kids with you!”

We know how hard this is in reality! But it’s still good advice!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I remember once or twice I have gone out during the meeting to a near by takeaway, had something to eat ,then returned. So enjoyed doing it my way. Eyebrows were raised if someone saw me but I was quite confident and not giving guilty looks , or guilty face. When one starts being apologetic, or sneaky thats when heads start to roll.

I did it my way.

Peace

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DESIROUSOFCHANGE:

I don’t blame you for not being able to fake being a Witness. I couldn’t do it either. I feel sorry for any JWs who feel they have to fake it because of family/business connections.

Indeed, what kind of religion compels people to fake it lest they lose everything?

I visited the hall for a funeral talk six months ago. I am over eighteen years ‘faded’ and I felt sad and stupid just being there..I was very glad that I spent those years away from the JW religion reconnecting with my non-JW family and friends and pursuing things interesting to me, finding myself and being FREE...We are all getting old but I’m glad I’m not getting old wasting precious time in that place!

I couldn’t wait to run out.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"I miss your comments...I don't hear you comment like you used to!"

I was told the same thing not so long ago. I said it is pretty hard to comment up when one is never called upon. Of course I am on the quick road out now that the last elderly parent is dead. Still show up every now and again beard and all, wearing jeans and a open collar shirt with no jacket, just to cheese off the eldurrs and the holier than thou MS's.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

To the OP

For people that are guided by conscience it is difficult, even more so if it's the jw style of minimalist self worth conscience. For people that can shut down their conscience it becomes easier in time. The analogy that Snare wrote is right on the money. I have over the years been involved in clandestine activities and know how to shut down the conscience to achieve an end. In fact some (worldly bikie and gang types) have said at times "Have you no conscience?" Once you master that aspect there is no danger to any perceived mental health as you see yourself as being on a 'mission' and nothing ,,, nothing else matters. A means to an end, I suppose. Suffice to say I am no longer involved in those activities. My mistake was returning to the religion, yes, to give it a second shot!! Huge mistake,,,, However, now, as a PIMO I'm on a 'mission' to release the friends I have made from the cult. So I'm using a past learned behaviour in this case. I think it's working as I'm using so much of the valuable information on this site and my own research and they are seeing the double speak but are heavily invested. Beautiful people trapped in a concept/cult.To answer OP question, you can fake it if there is an important reason,,,, and my firefox browser provides a brilliant distraction.

FWIW

jtg

P.S. not a servant nor a microphone handler so there is nothing to lose, so to speak.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My heart and best wishes goes out to all of you PIMO and POMI for the sake of family extended and otherwise.

And anybody else caught in between if their is such a place .

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

With PIMO AND POMI, I can understand them not wanting to be there but being there for personal reasons. What about those who are PIMI who go to the hall and then wait around in the toilets and other areas just chatting. I have seen elders, their wives and others doing it, often elders preparing their parts for the night during the meeting. What is the point of that when you are missing out on all the "spiritual food"?

All is futile

Peace

• Fognomore
    Fognomore

Hello,

I am POMO, and my wife is PIMI-its not easy. I went to meeting today and almost threw up. Such a load of crap. I have told my parents I do not believe any more, but I have to tell my wife. Its unbearable to live in 2 worlds-

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Zindag - "...once PIMO how do you deal with going to the meetings, ministry, social getotgethers, conventions assemblies?"

Liquor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit