My Story

by WeatherLover 26 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

WEATHER LOVER- Welcome to the board. You are among friends here who have shared similar feelings. But I agree with everybody here- especially what the poster Dubstepped stated so well - that if you want real happiness then you cannot continue to live your life for your JW family. It will eat you up inside and all that they will try to do is put feelings of guilt on you the rest of your life. My JW older family do not recognize my personal rights either- and I've been away from the Witnesses since 2003 !

As Dubstepped said REAL LOVE is not conditional and will be accepting of different life choices you make regarding religious beliefs or even having no religious beliefs. It sounds like you have a great aunt who will help you who is inactive. I would avail yourself of her offer of help to you. And we are here as a friend and support to you as well. Take care, I know it's difficult, but we're here every step of the way with you, we've been there too. And experienced the JW family situations. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• never a jw
    never a jw

Congratulations on being gay!

I need to be congratulated for being born heterosexual too.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome WeatherLover!

If you use this site you will have an outlet for your feelings, get answers for your questions and share your opinion with others.This place should also allow you to feel normal.

I second the advice not to be so open with your Aunt. More people get turned in to the Elder's by a close relative then any other way. Once that happen's the road gets rocky. You can't even trust your parents...unfortunately. Being deceptive is unpleasant but destroying your relationship is worse.

Stevie 2 among others had good advice: Based on what you have been able to tell us you should prepare for college...... not pioneering where the need is great. Or pioneering at all. I did that and blew right past my college years. College, higher learning, apprentice, whatever route you take........ higher learning is crucial. Even a 2 year community college (here in the USA) can head you in the right direction.

You were brought up to play the short game....... Armageddon is right around the corner. No it's not.......... everybody has been looking for the 'end times' for 2,000 years. It's the long game you need to play now. Education, a career that you love and a partner that you care about or good friends where you can be you.

The Guilt tripping trips up a lot of young people. The sex drive is in full force as a teenager and it will remain so for a few decades. Clear your mind of guilt. A fantasy sex life can be a good thing while you work through issues, your family, education etc. And it's no one's business but yours. And if you think God gives a crap......... he, she, or IT doesn't.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Welcome WeatherlLover, glad you came here. Real life does not fit the Watchtower template does it? It is far more interesting for a start! It's more fulfilling, richer and satisfying than the ever-future hope of non existent paradise. What a con trick!

Do go for education, it is one way to make sure you can look after yourself whatever happens. I have been looking at the surface pressure charts myself today because we have in the British Isles an interesting pattern with a south flowing jet stream and very large high pressure anticyclone(1050mb) over Western Siberia and Scandinavia blocking the westerly Atlantic systems. A situation which characterises an Arctic freeze by drawing in the continental cold originating in Siberia and similar to the epic 1962/3 winter. Damn it, I find weather interesting too!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I really can't stand the thought of bringing my mom to tears.

No healthy, normal mother would be sad about her child being honest, using his intelligence and logic, and doing the right thing.

If she is brought to tears over this, it is because her chosen religion has misled her to believe falsehoods about nonbelievers.

Therefore: Not your fault.

Imagine if we were talking about a person who believes in Thor, doesn't believe in going to college, dating, having careers, and insists everyone skip medical care, holidays, and many other normal/healthy things to serve Thor. Are you supposed to go along with this just because she might cry if you don't?

to stop preaching a message that I don't agree with

Yes, and more. The message destroys and actually ends lives. I nearly bled to death many times during childhood because of it--no exaggeration. And think of all those who have committed suicide or done other deeply self-destructive things because of the teachings and shunning. You can't preach a message that could result in someone's death. It's not right. (You know this.)

• WeatherLover
    WeatherLover

I am still planning for college, in fact I'm taking the ACT on April 8.

I've gotten some conflicting advice about talking to my aunt. She was df'ed years ago, and she came back to meetings just long enough to be reinstated, then for the most part quit going. Now she attends most memorials, and the occasional assembly/convention, but that's it. I think she only attends to keep the family happy. She has a "worldly" boyfriend, speaks to a df'ed family member, and is encouraging her kids to go to college. I really don't think she believes any of it anymore, but I could be wrong.

Perhaps when I'm at her house, I could hint at the subject and see what happens without coming right out and saying it.

• WeatherLover
    WeatherLover
    I have been looking at the surface pressure charts myself today because we have in the British Isles an interesting pattern with a south flowing jet stream and very large high pressure anticyclone(1050mb) over Western Siberia and Scandinavia blocking the westerly Atlantic systems. A situation which characterises an Arctic freeze by drawing in the continental cold originating in Siberia and similar to the epic 1962/3 winter. Damn it, I find weather interesting too!

Have you had much cold this winter? Here it has been mostly warm, the lowest temperature was back in early January at -6C (22F). We've had a lot of highs in the 20-25C (68-77F) range lately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit