Another congregation closed

by hoser 30 Replies latest jw friends

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

This CULTCORPORATION WANTS its members to SUFFER LONG! They don't give a DAMN about any inconveniences, mishaps, or hardships the R&F has to experience/deal with. The $$$$$$$ is the only OBJECT they are concerned about. HUMANITY can blow, as far as they're concerned! 🤬

• Gorb
    Gorb

A lot of closings here also.

G.

• karter
    karter

I live i Auckland New Zealand in 1991 we built a K.H to seat 240 with 2 congregations meeting there and was filling up fast. now 1 congretion and empting out as fast.

karter.

• JWTom
    JWTom

Hoser: My area of the midwest US has seen at least 5 kindbum HElls sold during the last 10-20 years. Just curious if you are in the U.S and what area if you don't mind saying?

Congregations are on the decline no matter how you look at it.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

a question in my mind is, are they closing because of the consolidation of halls, or the lack of people at meetings? I think it is consolidation...have people drive longer distances. I think the closing is about Money. I know of new halls that were built with less then 50 usually attending...I started out in such places. I wonder what the attendance would have to be for them to say sell! I think it is sad for those who still believe to have the local places they worked to build, paid for, and kept up to be sold out from under them...they were scammed in order for org to get control.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I know of so many baptized witnesses that have lost interest and stopped going to the meetings here in the States. The publisher count has decreased in all congregations and that is why they had to consolidate them into one larger one. The appearance of a fully packed hall gives the false impression of continued growth. They kept promising the end would come but they constantly push the goal post farther time and time again.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My first Kingdom Hall was the one in Pullman, Washington. Pullman is a small college town in the middle of a sea of grain fields. The next nearest Hall is in Moscow, Idaho eight miles away. In the summer of 1982 my wife began making plans to build an FHA (federal program) financed house in Albion, Washington which isn't really a town, it's a cluster of houses six miles from Pullman. The elders told us not to make the move because we'd never want to drive all that distance and we'd miss lots of meetings. It is true that the people living in Pullman look at all those wheat fields and think something five miles away is a long distance commute.

But now I see that they've apparently closed the Hall in Moscow which means they've told the people there they have to drive 8 miles to meetings. I wonder if they even asked anybody in the area what they thought of that idea.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm sure the local congregation must be growing, lots of imports coming here to retire or to look after their aged parents. Door knocking restarted not long ago, no kids being dragged along by parents that I've seen, the youngest door knockers would have been in their early forties.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Please send a closure this way! I have one candidate for sure, and a couple maybes. Alas, " my" hall is not on the list.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This truly warms my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit